welcome guest! please log in or register!
welcome back Guest [ Switch account: ]
  • FEB 22 Announcing the Non-Master Incentive Program! Take a look at the details here!
  • FEB 05 February contests have been posted! Get in on the fun here!
  • FEB 04 The Annual Sinsomnia Smut Contest has started! Information on the contest can be found here. With the lust prompt in effect in Manhattan you have plenty of canon and non-canon options.
  • FEB 04 Get your votes in for January OTMs here!
  • JAN 21 Voting for the GIF inspired contest is up! Read the entries and vote here.
  • JAN 08 Our new, fully customized skin is done! We're so excited for our new look!
  • JAN 08 Vote for the yearly superlatives here!
  • JAN 08 please remember to fill out the census recount here.

featured

Add Reply
New Poll

Picking up everything including the mail, @Leelan (Darius)
played by Gian AvurRogue40 posts
29 years
Bartender
25 points
The dead of night, it brings no sleep - and tired souls are
known to weep
What with recent events and his own determination to carry on as normal, Yves had gotten up a whole two hours before he normally would so he could head down to pick up the mail and get the packages he'd been expecting. Yves had ordered a few items, bits and pieces for the apartment and definitely not because he had been angry at his brother. >p> Although in all honesty, the blender might not have been the best thing to buy, given that neither he or Antony liked or enjoyed that kind of loud noise; even if he did like smoothies.

Still, as he shuffled the items and then restacked them again. He was starting to think that he might need to think about coming back for something or getting an extra set of arms. Until he decided to stuff a couple of the letters - which appeared to be bills - into the back pocket of his jeans, patting it into place and chuckling at his whole silliness.

"And this is why you should get that full eight hours..." he muttered, entirely to himself as he picked up the box which he knew would contain the blender and started to head back up the stairs "...oh? Oh! Hey there, sorry, the box isn't helping me with my skills at navigation" he smiled over the top of it, taking in the appearance of the man in front of him and waiting for his reaction. Yves was nothing if not capable of being friendly and happy to be around people. It was one of the skills he needed to do his job properly.

He certainly hoped the accidental bump wouldn't result in any kind of neighborly feud or anything like that. Was that something that did happen or was it more a case of him watching far too much in the way of day time television and tele-serials and sitcoms.

played by LeelanCupid4 posts
175 years
LoveBites Choco Shop
23 points
All you need is love, but a little
chocolate
now and again doesn't hurt
Darius was in a fine mood. The chocolate shop was running like clock work and his other 'job' had started to go smoothly. The only thing causing a slight hitch in his mojo was the odd aura the city had had. It was like a bad itch that he couldn't reach and not even the skillful fingers of his partner had been able to scratch it. They'd been left feeling rather thwarted even though it seemed, for the time being, the 'thing' they were feeling was not doing any immediate harm. Or none that they could tell.

Flipping idly through the bills in hand that he had from work, Darius headed for the elevator and pressed the button up. Waiting for his 'lift' when another man came weaving over. Teetering this way and that, like the leaning tower of pisa. Completely off balance and with his arms full of boxes. Darius huffed a laugh as the man bumped into him and made his apologies. Like a small a thing as a bump would really set him off.

"Oh I think I'll survive this one little infraction. Here, let me help." He insisted. Reaching out to take the top three parcels so the man could better see where he was going and Darius could meet who ever he was talking to face to face instead of face to box. "....Hi there, I'm Darius. I'd say I'm new here but considering the buildings rather newly open I suppose we all are. What floor? I insist you let me help you up to your apartment."

29 years
Bartender
25 points
known to weep
So, that was a piece of good news all round. Clearly the man he'd apparently not quite decapitated wasn't going to be a complete jerk about, far from it. That was good. Yves could certainly do with some good right about now in the wake of the not-good which was such a main feature right now when it came to his life and the mess that was him Antony and... Celeste or whatever her name turned out to be. Not that he was going to bring that up any time soon.

It had been a lot better before she had arrived on the scene. Which hadn't meant it had been really all that perfect but it had at least been the kind of situation that allowed him to hold onto the hope that he needed in order to cope with living here in this way "Oh! D'accord, I mean... oui, err yes, I would like and appreciate the chance to be... let me start again - I'm Yves and I am actually not a complete idiot, merely almost stupid" he explained and smiled, juggling the boxes as he held out his hand towards the man.

Initially he was at least hoping not to lose all of the boxes or else end up with more of an issue in showcasing his own foolishness. At least not for a while.

Perhaps he could avoid it for a little while longer "Oh thanks!" Yves exclaimed and smiled warmly as this Darius helped himself to some of the parcels from the top "In that case, you must allow me to offer you a drink once we get there" he insisted and widened that smile even more. With the passing of the moon, Yves didn't need to be worried about his inner snake coming out any time soon. Thankfully enough.

"Are you new to the building or have I just been completely ignorant, please spare my poor sensitive soul and tell me ... you are new?" he stated, walking into the open lift and indication which floor hew as on "On your own?" Yves added, deciding that a little forward was probably not the worst thing ever, or at least that he didn't mind in taking the risk. Yves had always been one to talk and there hadn't been anything that had seen fit to be changed any time soon; even if he was hurt in his own way.

@Leelan
175 years
LoveBites Choco Shop
23 points
chocolate
Darius smiled at the slip of French in the man's speech. Being fluent in many of Earths languages himself, he couldn't but help himself indulge as well when the opportunity presented itself. "Vous parlez français couramment, oui?" He grinned as he stepped inside the elevator, assuring that the man made it in before the door closed as well before continuing.

"C'est une si belle langue." He said, eyeing the man directly and without an inch of shyness to him. Darius was a very social man after all. Men, women, didn't matter. He loved to get to know people. To see what made humans tick. Even the ones who aired with a slightly less human note to their energy than others.

"Pleasure to meet you, Yves. I'm Darius. I've been here for a short while, yes. I live with a roommate. She's also my business partner. Quite truly my best friend." He grinned but his air and tone suggested that there was no romantic commitment there in that his/her relationship. NOT that he and she didn't indulge each other carnally every now and again but they were very much open and in no sort of closed or committed relationship.

"And you? Have you lived here very long or with anyone?" He inquired back. Curious as to the mans own status...because much like a cat, Darius liked to know things and was quite the inquisitive little cupid.

TRANSLATIONS
1. You speak french fluently, yes?
2. It is such a beautiful language.
29 years
Bartender
25 points
known to weep
Even though it wasn't really the right kind of thought to have but it arrived in his head just the same - Antony would like him. With that was the knowledge of his pain at least in this present circumstance. It was hardly the best moment given that Yves wanted to remain positive and not have something tug on his mood and suggest that the company he was keeping was in some way unwelcome as that was absolutely not the case.

The smile widened even more as he heard the familiar sound of his own language being spoken now "Mais bien sûr, je serais vraiment pauvre de ne pas parler les mots de ma patrie. Un qui me manque ... mais c'est toujours le cas, quand on laisse tomber les choses mais c'est l'avenir qu'il faut regarder vers l'avenir" he immediately replied, the words coming easily and without any difficultly as Yves chose to assume that it was the kind of thing that he would understand given that he had already taken the time to speak using the French as opposed to continuing to have their conversation in English.

"Darius? C'est un nom que je n'ai jamais entendu auparavant. Et vous, d'où venez-vous ... à moins que ce soit trop en avant de moi?" he realised that as much he was enjoying himself right now, Yves should probably use English moving forwards unless he had some suggestion that Darius wouldn't mind in speaking he language of his youth and the far better time of his life but he was also prepared to accept that it was probably better to stick with one they could both be sure of the translation without the possibility of any confusion.

Yves nodded "I live with my bro-- umm, I mean my friend, he is like a brother though. Do they still use bro for good friends? I cannot keep up with all of the slang. Well at least it feels that way, it really does..." he admitted and hoped that any lapse would be accepted through the explanation that he had just given. It was certainly a plausible one.

translation

1. But of course, I would be poor indeed not to speak the words of my homeland. One which I miss... but that is always the case, when we leave things behind but it is the future we must look ahead to

2. Darius? That is a name I've not heard before. What about you, where are you from... unless that is too forward of me?
175 years
LoveBites Choco Shop
23 points
chocolate
"Well, you speak it beautifully." Darius grinned. Grateful his upbringing and schooling back in his realm had included the education of many of the earth realms languages. Being fluent in multiple tongues made his job around the globe much, much easier and he liked the sound of his own voice in French and Italian especially. Not that he was trying to toot his own horn.

Feeling the elevator come to a very smooth stop of Yves floor, Darius politely reached forward and hit the button that held the door open. Allowing the other male to take his time with his bounty of boxes and exit unrushed from the lift. Following him there after, like a shadow. Eyes casually flicking around to the hall of the floor. Darius had come to realize each one was a little different. Especially the higher up you got and the suites became more expensive.

"Oh, I suppose you could say I'm from a little here and a little there." He grinned charmingly. Glancing back to the male and nodding. "I was raised much like a gypsy I guess. Always traveling. Never really had one spot to call home. I've really rather always favored a few places though, like Tuscany and Paris. Vancouver Island in Canada and, yes I daresay I've even developed a sweet spot here in the big apple." Not batting at lash at Yves 'Bro' comment. It was slang he'd heard plenty of times before and so he thought nothing of it.

29 years
Bartender
25 points
known to weep
Yves had missed being able to make friends and get to know people; there was a degree of distance and space that he had kept about himself and perhaps that had been a mistake? It was clear that Antony wanted to get out and know people - not that Yves was thinking along the lines of fucking this Darius. He was handsome and appealing in his own way but there had never been anyone else for him since the moment he'd first realized who Antony was to him.

Sharing that was still not a possibility. While most could accept a same-sex arrangement, it was the incest that would leave people hating them. Yves didn't want or need to see that kind of look in the eyes of anyone else. Which didn't mean it couldn't still end up happening.

"It sure sounds a whole lot like you've lived if nothing else. Other than here and home; I've never really been one for travel. It has always been what Antony... umm my room-mate that wanted to come here and I thought it would be an adventure" Yves wasn't really good when it came to being deceptive, which was actually the reason that he had kept people at a safe distance in the first place. It was the only thing that worked in the long-term.

He was just bad at not sharing with people, even when he wanted to do so and knew it was the better end of the bargain "Do you miss traveling or is this merely a stopgap?" he asked, stepping from the elevator and then pausing as he wondered how far Darius and his offer of help might end up extending. Yves wasn't even sure if he was truly taking advantage or not, it just seemed like a pleasant way to pass the time as much as anything else. Certainly less boring than doing it all in silence, which he knew from personal experience.

Yves' apartment was on a nice enough floor but it was also clearly not on the upper end of the price range either. Comfortable was a good word.

175 years
LoveBites Choco Shop
23 points
chocolate
Walking along the corridor of the apartments from the elevator, Darius couldn't help but - for a split and tasteful second - glance over the males backside as Yves took the lead. The man was fine and Darius did rather enjoy how smoothly the mans tongue seemed in both the French language and how fluid the conversation between them was. He was, after all, a man who appreciated some connection beyond just physical attraction (though he didn't deny that was very much there) and very much the intellectual side of conversation.

Not letting his eyes linger to long to be noticed, Darius quickly stepped into stride at YVes side instead of behind him and continued to follow the flow of conversation where ever it went. "Oh, I suppose I catch the travel bug every now and again. Have to hop onto a plane or train somewhere to get away for a week or two every now and again but in general, no. No I'm rather quite fond of New York at the moment. The 'settled in' feeling is quite nice, you know? Having a place to come home to." He grinned, glancing as they past door by door slowly. Wondering which one was Yves.

"This roommate of yours? Is he home? He sounds like an excellent influence on you if he's the one that brought you here." Darius inquired, a single eyebrow lifting as he studied Yves from the side. Tracing his jawline with his eyes and pondering why it seemed that whenever Yves mentioned his roommate...the man who was otherwise so fluid in his speech.....seemed to get a little tongue tied....

29 years
Bartender
25 points
known to weep
Being able to indulge in some relaxed and easy-going banter with another person reminded him of at least one of the reasons that he had originally wanted to get into bar work in the first place.

Yves nodded his head in easy agreement of what Darius was saying "I feel much the same way; I didn't expect to find anywhere else feeling this kind of homey ...I guess you can adjust to anything and even get to like it" he admitted, a touch wistful in his words but not really regretting that it had happened. It had been sad at the time but with five years distance from the whole thing had started to settle down his nerves about everything.

Only just and only when he didn't push himself to remember certain less than pleasant details "So, you're not really settled I guess. Just a kinda for now vibe and all that I guess. I mean I wish I was that able to be feel that able to be liberated but I'm too much of a homebody for that to work out" at least that was how Yves felt about the whole thing.

"I can't imagine being so free and able to drop things; are you... you live alone then or am I just assuming that?" Yves asked, not sure if he was overstepping on anything but deciding that it was a question that needed to be answered or at least not left to stagnate in a whole barrel of assumptions that went round and round in circles and didn't take them anywhere at all.

When he asked about Antony, he shrugged and shook his head "He works shifts, so I don't think so unless he ended up coming home earlier than he intended or something like that" he answered, without hesitation or worry troubling him. At least right now. Yves wasn't about to let his emotions affect him that way, well he was going to make that the case.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll