welcome guest! please log in or register!
welcome back Guest [ Switch account: ]
  • Apr 14 The Vampire event is under way! A silent auction with real bidding along with a twist of murderer mystery. This will lead into the Vampire plot for the species that will have prompt throughout the year as well. Those that signed up, we hope you have fun in the event. Thank you!!
  • Apr 10 Our bi-yearly board cleanup is underway. You can find the list of the boards to be deleted as well as a detailed explanation here. Any board not claimed will be deleted on the 14th!
  • Mar 21 Early sign up for the Vampire Silent Auction in April. Want to meet vampires? Become a Pomme? Win some prizes? Sign up and get your character in, all are welcome to this public charity event run by the vampires
  • Mar 11 OTM winners have been posted! And the Leopard event is well under way!
  • Feb 28 OTM Nominations have been posted here and March contests have been posted here! Make sure to get your nominations in by the 7th and enter the contests for prizes!
  • FEB 22 Announcing the Non-Master Incentive Program! Take a look at the details here!
  • FEB 05 February contests have been posted! Get in on the fun here!
  • FEB 04 The Annual Sinsomnia Smut Contest has started! Information on the contest can be found here. With the lust prompt in effect in Manhattan you have plenty of canon and non-canon options.

featured

Add Reply
New Poll

home is where the cats are, open
played by Gian AvurMember38 posts
43 years
Hacker
97 points
There was a degree of irony when it came to a man who kept cats and was one himself; true it wasn't like he had an actual pet leopard but his little queen certainly imagined that she was. Which was why she strongly disliked being carted around in the cat carrier - clearly not dignified enough for her - but necessary.

Clucking under his tongue as he bent down and opened the door of the cage he smiled softly "Oh come on... it wasn't so bad and you know it. The vet said you're doing fantastic ...come on I got you something special" nothing too rich or anything as processed as a cat treat but Teo was confident about it managing to win the approval of the blue Birman who stepped from the confines of the carrier, looking very much like a queen who was deigning to grace her subjects with her presence, not even the wobble of her very pregnant belly could change that. In fact, said subjects in the shape of the calico he had adopted from the cafe - honest, it had followed him home! - and the male ragdoll that had been his ever since he'd moved into the city made their way over starting off the purring and headbutting which was part of their welcome home ritual.

Leaving the animals to it, Teo headed into the kitchen, carrying the other bag which contained a piece of white fish that he was sure was going to have all the cats purring even louder. Taking the time to cut it up and prepare it with some white sauce on top - nothing like some cream and milk, even if it was technically not great for the cats - and then plated it out onto three portions. One of which was of course larger.

In the meantime, the Birman queen had arrived and taken up her position for dinner and Teo turned chuckling to put down the plate - along with the others, leaning back against the cabinet and shaking his head. Just in time to look up and see someone else come into the kitchen "Hi! Do you want some coffee? I just bought some" Teo had standards when it came to coffee.

@name
played by EchoesEye Eater Pard39 posts
38 years
Baker
89 points
She had been so bored. Well, she had decided to take care of that by simply visiting her Pard's home. It was still new to her, and she didn't actually reside on the property. But she had been spending more and more time there the longer she was in New York. Why? It was home. It made her feel like she belonged and she honestly felt like she did. The leopards she had met thus far were so kind and generous. She hummed as she carried a variety of treats.

A voice alerted her to someone elses' presence when she finally walked into the kitchen. "Oooh~ I would love some coffee!" She set a tray down easily the size of a half sheet cake and smiled at him, "Do you like sweets? I have cupcakes, lemon bars, some scones." She laughed softly, "I'm Aspire by the way!"

Here let me just feed you without giving you a name. She loved baking. She had white cake and chocolate cake and red velvet cake cupcakes. Blueberry scones and apple scones and her lemon bars. She had been quite busy that morning. Having been pushed to... "Oh how precious! Are these three little angels yours?" Now she was speaking about the cats chowing away on their food. She had a lot of energy that morning, laying on the coffee tended to do that to her.

43 years
Hacker
97 points
He had been with the pard now for five years, well on and off, sometimes more off than made sense but Teo had always been far too much of a free spirit to ever appreciate or need to be tied down in one place.

It wasn't a bad trait but it did make him a more casual member than some of the others but he had also one other marketable skill and that was being able to know when someone was new "Aspire?! Well, that is a whole new one on me chica, not that it's any kind of problem - I'm Teo and it's lovely to meet anyone who is able to appreciate proper coffee... which I assume you know this?" he replied and grinned at her then.

The mild obsession he had with coffee was only second to how he felt about his cats, the little furbabies were his treasures and he doted all the extra time and attention the had on all three of them "I do like sweets - but I'll have a lemon bar, I don't have that much of a sweet tooth; you know chica? It's like I am sweet enough hmm" he wasn't sure his accent would make it hard for her to understand. It wasn't exactly hard to understand but it also varied from person to person as well and Teo always had that moment when he needed to wait and see how the conversation was going to end up going down.

"I am guilty on that one; you want their names? I don't want you to feel pressured to adore them as much as I do but they are known for following folks around when I'm not here to lavish them with the kind of affection to which they've become accustomed" he gestured at his little queen, presently grooming her paws and apparently unconcerned with their conversation right now.

Teo knew otherwise but that was just fine with him.

38 years
Baker
89 points

She grinned at him and nodded, Aspire was indeed a strange name. She was by far used to the reaction, "I'm fairly certain I do." She laughed happily, "Especially when not only they appreciate proper coffee but they make great company." He had made a good first impression right off the bat. Was coffee the way to her heart? No, but he seemed to be good natured and a pardmate. Both instantly created great company. She didn't need to know him to know that.

She earnestly appreciated coffee, it was a regular part of her daily routine. Mornings would be near impossible without it and it definitely made a great mid-day pickup. Coffee especially went well with certain treats. Cake and coffee wasn't a bad mixture either. She unsnapped the lid on her pan and lifted up a smaller rectangle pan off of it. Lifting it up she offered him a lemon bar with a smile, "Take your pick! No matter how sweet you are, Teo, a delicious treat is the pick up anyone needs~"

The accent was easy enough to understand, she did kind of sort of have a thing for accents, not that she'd ever let that slip outloud. Deciphering them seemed to be a specialty of hers, and it helped that she read lips a lot, so even if she couldn't understand what they were speaking, she would get the gist of it.

"Oh I would love to lavish them with love and affection! I couldn't do it properly without paying them the proper respect of their names!" She couldn't communicate with her cousins but she sure as hell wished she could. She knew some could, Annette could commune with wild leopards, and with some irony her mate could communicate with wild wolves. She really wanted to learn that power, but Annette had insisted that it's something you learn on your own and that it couldn't be taught.

43 years
Hacker
97 points
She was going to be stalked, not in the bad way that involved legal subjects and of course all kinds of bad thoughts and actions but in the good one that had you waking up with a cat on your head in the morning and another softly kneading your spine or stomach - or was that just him? The connection and affinity he had with these animals allowed him far more depth as a pet owner than would normally be the case but that didn't make him some kind of cat whisperer per se but it did help.

"In that case..." he turned to one of the cupboards and pulled out a couple of plates, another cup and settled back to wait. One of the things about really good coffee was in waiting for it to finish brewing there was no rush "I will have to make sure I grab the ones I want or else I run the risk of needing to beat off the competition - eh? I mean you're bound to encourage the rest into following you around and everything or at least turn up like my cats seeking food, hmm?" he chuckled not at all upset with the idea and happy with the whole idea of sharing he always had been "How long have you been in town?" also known as asking about her and finding out whether she was staying or just dropping by. Those kinds of things.

Teo reached down and picked up one of the boys, the ragdoll in this case "This is Lolly - have you ever held a ragdoll?" he asked, the cat apparently absent a spine, flopping into his arms in a manner that was not unlike a doll - hence the name for their species "Probably not the best name ever but I know he doesn't mind it - or at least he'll put up with it for food and everything. He's about to be a father" it hadn't been hard to determine parenthood when it came to his three. The other male had been neutered before he'd got him and that worked out just find for Teo.

As much as he loved the cats he didn't actually want to end up breeding a whole colony - Dean would probably die from shock if that ended up happening.

38 years
Baker
89 points

Aspire’s love for the four legged creatures was unmatched, at least in her opinion. She watched Teo, teal eyes lit with energy and happiness at being able to share her treats as he reached into a cupboard, ”Yes, please do! I absolutely love baking and sharing. If there’s anything in particular you’d ever want just let me know. I work wonders with sweets. Just, don’t ask me to cook supper.” She laughed joyfully. While she wasn’t terrible at cooking, she could just use some tutoring on seasoning things and such. ”Hmm… a week today I think actually.” She nodded, ”Yep, that sounds right. I was here on the twentieth, then I met Dean on the twenty-first.”

She smiled as he picked up the cat, setting the tray back down and moving just a bit closer to let the cat sniff at her and pet its his, ”I don’t think I have. But sooooo cute!” She grinned, ”Hello Lolly!” she chirped out excitedly. She may not understand animals but that didn’t mean she couldn’t greet them like they understood her. ”Can I hold him? Please. So cute and cuddly looking.” Her eyes lit up even more if it were possible, ”Fatherhood?” Her eyes glanced down at the other cats. A smirk coming to her face, ”I see! Congratulations to you and your kitties!”

Now she was imagining a bunch of cute raggedy kittens running around and she was absolutely smitten. ”You’re going to have your hands full. I hope neither parent is overly devious or else you might be in trouble!” The trouble a group of kittens could cause was numerous. While she hadn’t personally bred any kittens, her cats all being a couple years old and adopted from pounds and shelters came all fixed, an old pardmate had been breeding maine coons and Siamese cats.

43 years
Hacker
97 points
There were few things that he could really spend hours talking about but when it came to his cats, it was a whole other story and something that Teo was both passionate and just generally happy with being able to share this love for his pets with someone else. They were the reason he kept coming back - well the pard as well, but he liked all of his cats and some of the leopards had been well...not on his liking list at all.

"As I look to avoid cooking, you'll be on your own for figuring out how to avoid it. I have my own plans - mostly involving coffee as a form of bribery and that one time I burnt a pot of water..." he had talents, everyone did but cooking wasn't on the list and Teo accepted that he wouldn't be winning any prizes when it came to to the culinary arts. That was just not on his list of marketable skills "But I wouldn't too much, Jenna loves cooking - well she does a lot of it unless things have changed but I don't think that's likely" Teo admitted. He was sure that taking advantage her helpful and generous nature made him something of a bad man but he'd never claimed to be entirely perfect or even good, so that was probably not something he needed to spend time worrying about.

When the commented on cuddles, he wasn't at all surprised when Lolly immediately got closer and started to weave between her legs "He loves being fussed over. So...you've done it now. When it comes to mama, you can pet her but she is very much full of kittens..." it would make any kind of prolonged cuddles a less than a sensible idea but he suspected that this woman would know all about that.

She seemed to be the kind of woman who knew about being able to spend time with and around cats so he was mere;y warning her as a matter of course and nothing else "I think devious is the standard attitude for my cats but I admit Emmy is particularly cunning at times. I am more than aware that she is very much the boss of the household" well at least when it came to him.

38 years
Baker
89 points
She giggled, "Probably helps that I don't quite live here, having my own apartment to stretch out in means I don't have to cook for anyone else. Or provide the steaks when people feel like shifting." Regardless of the pain and mess that shifting reqired, Aspire found her cat form quite enjoyable. She enjoyed buy a bunch of steaks and shifting and then just lounging around her apartment in the sunlight. Or at least she would. She hadn't quite been able to do that since she moved to New York. Maybe tonight would be a good night.

She smiled softly, "Well I'm glad someone has the penchent for actually cooking." She laughed softly, "I've not quite burned a pot of water, but I've definitely managed to burn ramen noodles cooking them on stove top, so there's that." She had fallen asleep one day while cooking the instant ramen, all the water evaporated and the noodles burned and in her opinion that was probably worse than burning a pot of water.

She laughed as Lolly wove between her legs, before reaching down to pick up the soft creature and cuddle him close to her chest, "Hello little one, aren't you just adorable." She would scratch behind the cats ears and then glance down at the mama, "I wouldn't worry, even if I can't pick them up and hold them I'll still pour my heart all over your precious kitties. My three at home will be so jealous when they find out." Indeed, when they give her the cold shoulder she knew she had messed up, and she had no doubt, that holding Lolly now, would get her that same dark glare and at least an hour of being ignored.

"I'm sure she's an absolute angel," she laughed out, of course, she had cats herself and knew they were anything but angels. Before she could keep speaking however, her phone started buzzing. Her eyes glancing down at the screen as she pulled it out of her pocket and a pout making its way to her face, "I guess I'm going to have to rain check on that coffee. It seems someone dropped a cake order and I'm the only one who can decorate right now. So I have to go." She reluctantly put that rag doll down on the ground again, still pouting. "It was nice to meet you Teo, and your lovely kitties."

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll