Are you a Saint or Sinner?

9.01.2017 It's our birthday and we're celebrating all month long! We want to thank all our members for sticking with us, whether you've been here from the beginning or just joined a week ago. We couldn't have done all this without you and we hope to do it for many more years to come. To celebrate there will be a new event posted each week that will allow you to do things you can't do any other time as well as earn prizes! Watch out for due dates though! Once they pass that event is over.

Vampire
10 ♂
09 ♀
Human
11 ♂
13 ♀
Witch
08 ♂
08 ♀
Animator
01 ♂
03 ♀
Merrow
06 ♂
03 ♀
Werewolf
06 ♂
07 ♀
Wereleopard
10 ♂
08 ♀
Werelion
05 ♂
10 ♀
Wanderer
12 ♂
05 ♀
Yokai
04 ♂
06 ♀

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Sad Panda, Tag: Gian/Mairead
Li Shaoshen
 Posted: Jul 13 2017, 10:27 PM

corrupt

Mr. Nobody

Posts 32

Points 82

Occupation Martial Arts Instructor

Member Inventory: View

All Content OK + Male

Awards: 2

The man who removes a mountain
begins by carrying away small stones

An attack in Brooklyn, various different reports throughout all five boroughs, and even news from beyond New York entirely, and into other states. This Dark Coven was at large, and in many ways. However, whatever their plans were, biological 'warfare' was not among the expectations. Li was not that knowledgeable where magic was concerned, so he wouldn't put the two together as being possibly related. However, if they were, what was the goal? Nothing seemed to link together, at least not in his eyes. But then, again, he did not know much of the magical world. And with what affected him, there was little brain power to contemplate it.

It had been a good long while since Li had been human. It had been a good long while since his body was weak to pathologic means. Those sensations were, however, returning. He had always been someone that ate a lot. When he was human, and nothing more, he was fat. When he was turned, that weight quickly dropped away, as the boisterous romps of activity worked it off. And no matter how much he ate, he could not gain that weight back. Not that he had wanted to, but it was still odd and an unaccustomed recourse that he not gain weight. And now, even more so than was normal even for a Lycanthrope, he inhaled food. He drank lots and lots of tea, was cooking around the clock, and filling that kitchen with heat from the oven, on top of the heat from the normal summer days. Even with a day filled with rain, the heat did not break. 90-degree weather, oven on all day cooking dumplings, treats, and the stove constantly heating up water for tea, and still, he felt as if he were freezing.

He was on his fourth pot of tea when he finally listened to the others of the Maul. He may not have lived with them at the home Johnathan had set up for the Maul, but he still had constant contact with them all. He would finally bite the bullet, and call Mairead, the Witch of the Maul, for the aide he was told she could give him. He had no idea what her skills or talents were, he had no idea what it was that was necessary to treat this condition he was in, nor did he have any clue what it was exactly that she could do for him. Still, he invited her over.

Seated within his living room, upon a couch, huddled up in the corner of it, he waited for her arrival. His front door was unlocked, she could just walk right on in when she got there, but then that was normal for him. Neighbors had often said he was too trusting of the people of the neighborhood. Still, he did not change his ways. And so, he simply sat and waited, sipping his tea, and munching on dumplings, to keep his energy up. It was a constant struggle, as it seemed like on top of it all, he was on the verge of passing out from weariness.

OUTFIT :|: @Gian Avur :|: MUSIC
Rescue Me
PM
^
Mairead Anderson
 Posted: Jul 14 2017, 01:55 AM

Nefarious

Gian Avur

Blood Witch

Posts 135

Points 247

Occupation Animator

Whatever good I may do, let me do so now. For I may not pass this way again

All Content OK + Female

Awards: 1

in order to fight against evil
you must understand the dark
It was taking a little while for her to feel settled with the bears; as a group she liked them but the time to get to know them individually was a little bit harder and more difficult as Mairead had to be concerned with juggling her normal work - she wanted to get paid as much as anything else - as well as their own less than nocturnal habits.

She was managing though. Just. Mairead had shared her information with enough of the bears and even left her number up at the bear safehouse to make sure they had access to her when something might come up. She was aware that life was invariably unpredictable and that was why she wasn't truly upset to get a call about something bothering the bears. Why she had been called had made her curious once she had stopped silently (and not so silently) swearing at the phone for waking her up in the first place. She never did it to the caller though - that would be rude - instead Mairead usually managed to get a conversation out and then roll out of her bed. Not that she was always confident about the actual sense which could be then applied to what she said.

Although no one had ever mentioned that they hadn't managed to get at least the gist of her replies and after all she was the one being woken up in the first place.

Wearing jeans, a cami top and checked shirt along with her rather worn leather satchel that carried her book and of course some other assorted bits and pieces that came in handy. It wasn't that extensive as contents went but it was usually a good thing to have a few basics in place.

"Hi!" she was also carrying a large mocha, with an extra shot as she used her one remaining free hand to knock on the door, pushing it gently at the same time as she walked on inside - something that the call had suggested she could do; kudos for her to remember "It's me, Maggie" any bear she had introduced herself to knew that she would adopt Maggie as an alternative to the difficulty in saying her actual name.

PM EMAIL
^
Li Shaoshen
 Posted: Jul 15 2017, 11:56 AM

corrupt

Mr. Nobody

Posts 32

Points 82

All Content OK + Male

Hao was spending time at the Cave, with the rest of the Bears, so he would not be there to answer the door or greet Maggie as she came in. This was something Li demanded. Whatever was afflicting him, he did not want any of the other bears to get infected, so he had quarantined himself. Hao was also in charge of the classes at his school for the time being, because of this.

Li got up from the couch when Maggie walked in. "Come in, come in..." he muttered in a hoarse voice. He did his best to seem like a welcoming host, but things would clearly not be so easy. He had been about to offer her some tea as well, but then he saw she had a cup already. So, he lazily returned to the couch, grasping up the blankets he'd had bunched up there, to settle back in place.

It was an odd sort of pale that coloured his skin a grayish tinge, rather than wholly white. Veins seemed to stand out, mainly across his face. And, he most definitely was not running a temperature. It was low, for a human, much less a Lycanthrope. What was causing it all, who knew? Certainly not Li. "Hope you found the place alright." It was an odd thing to be concerned about, whether or not there had been difficulty in following the directions to his home situated out in the middle of nowhere. But, that was Li for you, always concerned about others before himself.

"Johnathan insisted I call you about this." He wasn't sure who would know anything about it, so he was convinced, perhaps at least deep down inside where he did not wish to admit it, that he should probably be in a hospital.

Zheng Jiu
PM
^
Mairead Anderson
 Posted: Jul 16 2017, 04:31 AM

Nefarious

Gian Avur

Blood Witch

Posts 135

Points 247

Occupation Animator

All Content OK + Female

The whole world knew about lycanthropes, vampires and the main attributes of each but that didn't mean that it was all publicly known either. Mairead had heard about various things, some of it more accurate than others but she'd also not known that a bear could and would talk if they were a lycanthrope or even that it was possible for them to be sick.

That had been a surprise to walk in and see what looked like a very sick man indeed. Obviously this wasn't at all right and it worried her a lot about what it might mean for her as a human if this was infectious. Mairead wasn't really any kind of superhuman - some would argue differently - and she really didn't want to mess around with what ever had managed to lay a bear lycanthrope so very low as all that. She approached carefully and settled on a handy coffee table, using it to put her satchel down as she opened it "Not gunna lie sweetheart but ya look like someone shat ya out sideways.." she tutted and removed a small plastic container and what looked like some interesting acupuncture needles each one with a different crystal on the top.

"I'll need a wee bitty of ya red stuff; some blood and we can see what's happening" while she might not any immediate idea about what was going on with him Mairead was going to do her best to help.

She couldn't imagine not doing something to provide assistance even if she wasn't sure, once and if Li agreed she would prick his thumb and then allow the drops of blood to fall into the container. Once that was completed then Mairead lifted the container and allowed one touch of her own finger to touch the blood and then placed it upon her tongue as she closed her eyes and started to concentrate on the pool of power that rested at the very core of her being.

PM EMAIL
^
Li Shaoshen
 Posted: Jul 17 2017, 10:31 PM

corrupt

Mr. Nobody

Posts 32

Points 82

All Content OK + Male

Li was definitely not accustomed to any notion of what it might be like ... to shit something out sideways. He lifted a brow at the comment, his head making a slow turn towards Maggie. Li was very sick indeed, and he hoped that he just misheard, because that was a very strange comment to his ears. Still, he rolled up the sleeve of his sweatshirt a bit, and offered his arm out to her, for her to get blood however she wished to do it. Just taking it from his thumb, as if it were a simple sugar level test, also surprised him, but it did not matter enough, really.

It would not matter what she needed to do, he was not about to tell her she wasn't allowed to do it. After all, he was supposed to be impervious to sickness, toxins, poisons, and the like. There was always the concept that someone might develop something that could affect Lycanthropes, but still, it was even then supposed to be something so rare that it would have to be deliberate because it couldn't happen naturally. So, he was not about to volunteer to stay ill, and possibly die. His son needed him still, the Maul needed him, and then, of course, there were likely many other people all over the city he could help.

Pulling the blankets back up and around him, once she had the blood, he curled up on the couch and remained quiet while waiting to see what would be next in this treatment. "There's tea on the stove, heating up if you want some." he said quietly, nodding over towards the tiny little space there. And snacks aplenty, if you wish."

Give it to me straight, doc
PM
^
Mairead Anderson
 Posted: Jul 18 2017, 04:10 AM

Nefarious

Gian Avur

Blood Witch

Posts 135

Points 247

Occupation Animator

All Content OK + Female

She knew that while some of her vernacular confused people - well the locals - generally the concept transcended things like culture or accent. If not, Mairead fully expected someone to step up and tell her as much. She was a straightforward and easy-going sort but that didn't mean she either needed or wanted to encourage the kind of thinking that made anyone think they couldn't just approach her about things.

It was why she was Maggie to most people, the use of a gaelic name just confused those who spoke English and she wanted a shortened version which actually reflected the name that she had been given "Ah appreciate the thought" she murmured, and it was possible that if this did drag on she was going to need some snacks and tea. Mairead didn't have an unlimited amount of stamina for all she maintained an unflappable manner in most things. That was why she liked to make sure of snacks when she was working at night; nothing good came of using up your strength and then demanding more from an empty well.

"This...your blood doesnae taste right" she said as her own magic swelled up in an immediate protection against the tiny drop she swallowed. It had been potentially dangerous but it was fast and Mairead had a sense fast was the right speed to work in relation to this situation.

There was nothing natural that should be affecting his blood this well; softly blowing out a bubble, holding that single drop of blood appeared at her lips and then floated out as she sat and looked at carefully "Did ya go somewhere new or tae be with folks ya nowt seen for a bit?" she asked, watching the drop and letting it slowly spin as she reached into her bag for a small pouch that instead of being opened was laid to one side. Mairead wanted a lot more information but she suspected that she'd need to settle for a little have have to like it.

The chances of Li being able to announce it was colonel mustard, in the library with the candlestick were pretty much absent.

PM EMAIL
^
Li Shaoshen
 Posted: Jul 23 2017, 12:28 PM

corrupt

Mr. Nobody

Posts 32

Points 82

All Content OK + Male

Li was usually an easy-going and open individual. He'd welcome any kind of topic of conversation. His illness was playing with his mind, however, and weighing on his ability to process some things. His mind was slow in some aspects, dragging on in what to do in the moment, yet for some reason, it still processed her name in many ways. Mairead, Maggie, and in the end, the way he'd know the name, for he did process the meaning behind both variations of her name.

Whether or not she was actually thirsty or hungry enough to accept his offerings, he did not expect in any way for her to taste his blood. It was extremely dangerous! On more than one account; not only did she then run the risk of contracting Lycanthropy, she always ran the risk of succumbing to the same illness that was plaguing him. He did not have the strength to stop her in time and merely flopped onto his side, nearly tumbling off the couch. "Zhēnzhū!" he blurted out, and in a moment of slight delirium, continued on in his own language, questioning her about her sanity in doing something like that.

He knew nothing about magic in general, much less her brand of it, and so he would not know that she had some form of protection against what her actions would otherwise bring about. The comment that it didn't taste right only made him further confused. Did she make a habit of tasting Bear blood? Was she actually a vampire? He had no idea, and he spent more of his strength pushing himself back into place on the couch, to really focus on what it could mean.

Her question made his mind spin. He was usually able to discuss such. He was an open sort of person, and he spent his time with anyone willing. He ventured to public restaurants, pubs, and the like and chatted with people. But, he also ran a martial arts school and met with dozens of people on a daily basis. Most were repeat customers, signed up for a class program that would last a while, but there were always new customers. "I run a school. I see known and unknown people all the time. Had tea with my brother the other day too... haven't seen him since I left China." Did that mean one of his students was sick too? Or his brother?

The kissing disease? Lycano-nucleiosis?
PM
^
Mairead Anderson
 Posted: Jul 24 2017, 02:02 AM

Nefarious

Gian Avur

Blood Witch

Posts 135

Points 247

Occupation Animator

All Content OK + Female

She'd been intent on understanding what the initial spell was attempting to share with her; Mairead knew she had no risk of infection that was really only possible when he was in his bear form and Li was very much human (for now) but the explosive action had stumbling back slightly in some surprise to avoid being caught up in whatever he was intending "I dinnae hae the words for much explaining or understanding what ya just were speaking but dinnae fret...I'm a witch laddie" hardly the word for him but it seemed to be the right one at the moment given their positions in what was going on.

"I'm a witch, one who handles blood and the like...a wee bitty of this red stuff can tell me a lot and it can also help" she murmured, Mairead was really not sure that it made sense when she said it out loud.

That was why Mairead generally didn't bother with it all. She had never met another with her talent and she doubted that she ever would. The mix of death, blood and the cold power that filled her with her magical strength and allowed her to do as much as she did was hardly a common sort of achievement and Mairead was sure that it would make more sense to concentrate on improving her skills and helping those who needed them.

Such as these bears "Well it is like ya...like ya hae the flu but that isnae the sort of thing that should be happening" she tutted and sighed "Ya a star for the food but I'll hold on that, alright? For now, dinnae fret though I have a few wee charms and such tae be trying" she took another drop of the blood and pressed it against her forehead, before taking up another small bag, which she opened and started to look through.

Apparently satisfied she closed it "Ya hae a lighter or some matches?" she asked, shaking the bag a little bit.

PM EMAIL
^
Li Shaoshen
 Posted: Jul 30 2017, 03:01 PM

corrupt

Mr. Nobody

Posts 32

Points 82

All Content OK + Male

His mind was playing tricks on him. He thought he'd said it all in English, but it would seem that he had unknowingly slipped into another language. Even that was only recognized in a haze, as while she offered up her response in relative confusion over what he'd said, he seemed confused as well as to what confused her. Her rush to explain things, about her being a witch, would seem to go in one ear and out the other. For a moment, though he understood the words, he could not seem to grasp what it was she was getting at.

After he had explained the concept of being around many a crowd of people, he could not help but wonder where he had gotten this illness that was like the flu. Where he would have gotten it confused him, though his brother had been cautioning him about things that had happened back home, and their relation to past events. His concern was that his brother was ill now, because of what he had been looking into. Zhao never did know how to look out for himself. Li could not think back on the old days with his brother without also thinking back on the old days with his wife.

Had someone worked out a plague for Were-Bears because of what had happened to Lao Mei? If he was able to control any measure of a grasp of his strength or wits, he might have had a stirring of anger over his wife's life being used to create a toxin. At the moment, his mind was a haze of confusion and weariness, however. Still, he managed to recognize Mairead's next question, and waved a hand, pointing towards the kitchen. "Top, left-most drawer, Zhēnzhū."

Foggy Memories of Distress
PM
^
Mairead Anderson
 Posted: Aug 5 2017, 04:39 AM

Nefarious

Gian Avur

Blood Witch

Posts 135

Points 247

Occupation Animator

All Content OK + Female

Whatever this was in truth she was utterly certain that it was intended to be vicious and cruel. If not outright cause lasting damage, the taste had been bitter with a rush of other tastes that lacked a true ability to share and explain beyond the understanding of how wrong it actually was. It was so negative and it worried Mairead on how it might be affecting Li in the long-term not to mention the rest of the bears as well.

What would this do to the others who were less capable of handling their inner bears? Had that been one of the intentions? Mairead couldn't be directly certain about the motivations behind it all but she was confident that there was nothing good to be associated with it all.

"Just try nae tae move now; I'll get it..." Mairead was struggling with the business of trying to remain positive even though she really didn't know if anything she had on hand would help. She was absolutely sure that she was going to try to do something even if it was only supplying some relief in terms of a little bit of time. Mairead took a deep breath and then headed over to collect what turned out to be some matches. As she came back Mairead noticed that Li was actually looking worse if that was even possible and it was certainly saying something when he hadn't been at his best when she walked in.

Setting down she applied the match to a candle that she removed from the bag, it wasn't made of wax alone but blended with herbs and drops of her own blood as well as a touch of Shimmy's dust. Mairead had started to collect some of the otherworldly stuff when she had realised that it had some properties.

Mairead spilled the drop onto the flame and became to speak this time in gaelic, it was a scottish dialect and an old one. Not likely to be understood even by someone who was familiar with the language.

She watched the flame, adjusting her breathing as she settled to let the magic flare up and out, she murmured something else and reached for his hand as she gently linked between the two points and concentrated on not hurting him by accident. This was an entirely new experience for her after all - not that she would say that out loud as she wanted him to have confidence.

PM EMAIL
^
Li Shaoshen
 Posted: Aug 5 2017, 02:47 PM

corrupt

Mr. Nobody

Posts 32

Points 82

All Content OK + Male

Li was barely moving, as it was. He had very little strength at the moment, and he certainly was in no danger of shifting. Even if his control over his beast waned enough for the beast to decide, rather than Li, when to shift and when not to, Li did not possess the strength to go through the ordeal of shifting. That was one fact that few people remembered about Lycanthropes. No matter how much time, no matter how much control one possessed, shifting always hurt. Shifting was always strenuous. Shifting was always a big deal.

No matter what his looks suggested, Li was at least not seeming depressed over it. In fact, as he lay there on the couch, he hummed quietly, a soft tune from his home. He did not utter any words to the tune, just hummed along as Mairead did what she felt was appropriate. He did not know anything about Gaelic, whether Scottish or Irish, whether ancient or simply ... less old. In either case, she was simply left to her work, while he hummed that old tune about an old farm under the Liang Mountain.

The grip of her hand was accepted and did not stir him from his own thoughts or musings at that point in time. Instead, he just continued to hum, this time with a smile curling his lips. Perhaps he was a bit delirious, thinking the hand someone else's. Or perhaps he was simply that cheerful and that difficult to depress. His skin would be cold to the touch though, yet another sign of just how serious this illness was affecting him.

If he was supposed to be self-conscious about what was going on, or her lack of experience in this side of things, he clearly did not recognize it. His humming continued, and every once in a while, he would murmur her name; or, at least the name he'd given her, which was truly her name, though she was like to not know that. "You ok, Zhēnzhū?" Always concerned about others, as well. He could see the effort she was going through, in her eyes, despite his own condition. Along with the sparkling of that flame that she so intently watched.

Intent Focus
PM
^
Mairead Anderson
 Posted: Aug 6 2017, 11:25 AM

Nefarious

Gian Avur

Blood Witch

Posts 135

Points 247

Occupation Animator

All Content OK + Female

All of the magic was a suitable kind of distraction from thinking about what he was saying - mostly because Mairead wasn't actually sure if he was just speaking out loud or if there was some kind of meaning behind it all.

Whatever the case, Mairead was sure that it would end up working out. Especially as he was unwell and clearly not entirely certain about his words; not that it really mattered in the long run, she was the one babbling along using a language that had been dead long before a Tudor had married a Lancaster.

By all rights she should be apologising for probably confusing him a whole lot. Instead of thinking like that Mairead instead concentrated on the flame and her own personal brand of magic.

"You're going to ...feel something Li - alright? I'm not sure how it will be exactly for you..." one of the many drawbacks of having to deal with the kind of thing that related to magic that you worked on largely by accident than real design. It hadn't been possible for her to ask many questions - well at all - about the nature of her magic and how the spells all worked out "Try to relax though..." Mairead spoke gently and allowed the flame to fill her own mind before bursting along her own blood and veins down into her hand and along to his own, an effort to cleanse the taint that she had picked up from her earlier scan of the blood.

She watched him then for the reaction that should arrive with her magic starting to course through him, an effect that was like watching the spread of gold under his skin as it started to take effect.

PM EMAIL
^
Li Shaoshen
 Posted: Aug 8 2017, 12:09 PM

corrupt

Mr. Nobody

Posts 32

Points 82

All Content OK + Male

Li had been sick before, so he was not really confused. Though it had indeed been a long while since he had last been capable of being sick. Nevertheless, he kept humming his little song, softly speaking the words of it here and there.

Whatever it was Mairead was doing, Li knew nothing about. He simply put his trust in her because of what Johnathan had said about her. So, if John trusted her, then Li could trust her. Magic was a great mystery, he did not know what to expect from it. When she tried to explain something, and had trouble putting words to it... well, it was a good thing he was somewhat delirious, because otherwise that would have worried him.

Nevertheless, he relaxed, as best he could. It was not easy to relax when it felt like he was burning up and freezing all at the same time. Whatever it was she was doing, would be felt though, and as he just sat there, watching it happen, his eyes would focus in on the veins.

The veins of his body had been pronounced, as a result of the illness. His skin an odd grey tone had seemed to accent the veins, as they stood out from the color of his skin. The gold seemed to seep in through them, and so those blue lines all along grey flesh began to emanate a gold color. His singing did not waver, as he watched. It was clearly his mechanism for keeping himself collected. His attention on this event was so intent, that he would not notice any other effect, such as his skin filling with color in a gradual way throughout the whole process.

Spring and Autumn
PM
^
Mairead Anderson
 Posted: Aug 8 2017, 12:50 PM

Nefarious

Gian Avur

Blood Witch

Posts 135

Points 247

Occupation Animator

All Content OK + Female

She wasn't convinced that it would be as effective as was clearly the case; Mairead took a deep breath though, concentrating on moving ahead with everything and ignoring the tugging pull of her magic as it advanced through his body taking time to cleansing the toxin or illness that had attempted to seize control over him. Mairead wasn't convinced about the source but as that wasn't her goal at the moment, instead it was all about the solution.

Mairead remained patient with her efforts; ignoring the obvious signs of the success as it continued to seep into his body, first one arm and then the other as it spilled down towards his legs before washing back up to cover his chest and head leaving nothing untouched. As it finished Mairead became more aware of the song and also the fact that it sounded rather pleasant all round. Mairead blew out her breath then, the action either encouraging or at least in time with the candle blowing out.

While it was true that Li now looked much better, Mairead now looked grey and a little wan. She would recover but for now of the two of them she definitely looked more than the worse for wear.

"...how, what are you...how do you feel now?" she murmured, finally managing to speak out and make some kind of sense at the same time. Mairead really felt proud of that detail, though it wasn't the time or place to mention that just at the moment. Mairead instead smiled at him, turning to now get Li her full attention.

PM EMAIL
^
Li Shaoshen
 Posted: Aug 11 2017, 04:13 AM

corrupt

Mr. Nobody

Posts 32

Points 82

All Content OK + Male

Underneath his layers of clothing, and the mounds of bed covers that he was wrapped in, the effect she had would only be visible on his hand and face. As that golden glow seeped throughout his whole body, it would disappear from view, for a time. While it worked, it would pretty much go unseen for the most part, except for the fact that color returned to his hands and face. As she seemingly took the brunt of his affliction upon herself, or as it so seemed to him as her skin began to react in the same way he had, he worried.

Magic was not something he had ever seen in use or experienced in his life before. Even without discussing all the various different forms and flavors of magic, he was at a loss. When she showed signs of going through his own ordeal, and at an incredibly more rapid rate, he panicked. Pushing the covers aside, he rose from the couch and pushed out to her. He'd scoop her up promptly; plucking her out of her chair, to turn about and lay her on the couch instead. Hurriedly, he rushed into the kitchen, got a bit of cloth and dampened it with warm water, before returning to set it upon her forehead.

He'd pat her cheeks, and brush her hair from her face. And still, she muttered inquiries towards how he was feeling. He knew he put aside concerns of himself towards the aide of others, but even that seemed a bit wild and extreme in his eyes. He shook his head. "Don't worry about me, I feel fine now. What about you?! Zhēnzhū, what happened?"

The ol switcheroo
PM
^
Mairead Anderson
 Posted: Aug 16 2017, 12:54 PM

Nefarious

Gian Avur

Blood Witch

Posts 135

Points 247

Occupation Animator

All Content OK + Female

It was one of the least desirable effects of the personal brand of magic that Mairead employed and not the kind of one that she ever worried about sharing with anyone else. It was one of the aspects of the payment that all magic required that was the kind of thing which was strongly omitted "I'm nae sure I'm gittin' it all there but that's fine - I'll be good" she affirmed, waving off the concerns as best she could manage. Which was apparently useless.

Mairead hadn't ever really spent a lot of time being concerned about how it might look to someone else, let alone being subject to their interest "...I-I will be fine. It isnae the sort of thing ya need tae worry about I just need to catch my breath and all that" she replied as warmly as she could manage. Mairead was a positive and keenly happy sort of individual. It was the way she looked at the world in fact it was the only way she was interested in looking at anything "Just a wee bitty of a nibble on the end of all of that" Mairead explained, almost truly and utterly convinced that Li wouldn't get what she was attempting to say it had still been worth it to make the attempt.

"Some water would be nice though, my throat feels drier than the sahara at noon..." she explained and shrugged, taking the cloth and holding it in place. While she looked bad, Mairead starting to look far, far better.

The greyness was already fading away, the natural pale cream shade starting to be restored as her own healthy vigour kicked up and started to overwhelm the poison which was lingering in her system as the last of the illness that had been troubling Li originally was expelled. Hopefully, Li wouldn't be long with the water as Mairead leaned over and coughed up into another of the containers and spat out a thick black liquid into it.

"How's the water coming?" she asked.

PM EMAIL
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONSPages: (2) 1 2  REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL