welcome guest! please log in or register!
welcome back Guest [ Switch account: ]
  • May 4 Sign ups for Sinsomnia's next Board Wide plot have been posted! Sign ups will close May 20th! Get your characters signed up and buckle up for one hell of a ride!
  • Apr 14 The Vampire event is under way! A silent auction with real bidding along with a twist of murderer mystery. This will lead into the Vampire plot for the species that will have prompt throughout the year as well. Those that signed up, we hope you have fun in the event. Thank you!!
  • Apr 10 Our bi-yearly board cleanup is underway. You can find the list of the boards to be deleted as well as a detailed explanation here. Any board not claimed will be deleted on the 14th!
  • Mar 21 Early sign up for the Vampire Silent Auction in April. Want to meet vampires? Become a Pomme? Win some prizes? Sign up and get your character in, all are welcome to this public charity event run by the vampires
  • Mar 11 OTM winners have been posted! And the Leopard event is well under way!
  • Feb 28 OTM Nominations have been posted here and March contests have been posted here! Make sure to get your nominations in by the 7th and enter the contests for prizes!
  • FEB 22 Announcing the Non-Master Incentive Program! Take a look at the details here!

featured

Add Reply
New Poll

Temples of Syrinx
played by SpoonRogue28 posts
39 years
Tv Host
28 points
Everybody knows the war is over. Everybody knows the good guys lost

Bryce liked to come to the shop now and then. It was a comforting place and they often had trinkets and artifacts he could inspect. His love wasn’t here but that didn’t mean he couldn’t browse.

He was dressed in black jeans and a black shirt with a picture of Cleopatra on it. She was a Ptolemy one of the first european rulers of perhaps the most important civilization on the planet. There were many subjects Bryce could go on about at length but Egypt was his favorite. In the bible it was stated that the Hebrews were God’s chosen people and while that might be true Bryce felt it was obvious that there was an extraterrestrial force that had claimed the egyptians as their own.

He was standing in front of a shelf of little statues and healing crystals. New age healing. He knew the power these items could hold in the right hands. His Alexis was quite the witch. It fascinated him, the power they held. He was an ally of the supernatural community though there were some that had been twisted by power. Power corrupted as the saying went.

He stood with his hands folded behind his back. His thick glasses were down a bit on his face and behind his graying beard was a smile. He had been gone long enough to be missed but not forgotten. His eyes sparkled with wonder in the light of the shop. He loved to explore the shelves, to give each of the items a story.

The little obelisk in front of him, black as coal but polished. What was it used for? He liked to wonder. He wasn’t part of this world but he respected it.

@liannis | outfit | music | notes
played by LiaWerefox25 posts
26 years
Forger/ Club Owner
13 points
The bell over the door to Black Curiosities chimed lightly as Cosima stepped in. She'd discovered the place one day. The juxtaposition of magical and regular items caught her interest, and she browsed around. Even met the owner Alexis, a bit on the Pollyanna side, but Cosima enjoyed speaking with her. In fact, she'd been hoping to see her again, but it seemed Alexis had other work to be doing today.

Rounding the corner, she saw a gentleman standing in front of a display of statues and crystals. He wasn't touching anything, but something about him made her guess he was having a hard time not doing so. "I swear, every time I come here, there are a bunch of new things to admire. " She held out her hand for the gentleman to shake. "I'm Cosima.." It was only then she noticed the shirt the stranger was wearing. "Is that Cleopatra on your shirt?" It was rather classy compared to the crude jokes and smartassed comments found on a lot of clothing these days.

39 years
Tv Host
28 points

He barely noticed the bell ringing, he was so engrossed in his own thoughts. His mind was always racing, calculating possibilities. There were a great many mysteries in this world and nobody not even the ancient vampires had the answers. He wondered just where his research would lead him next.

“My Alexis does a good job doesn’t she?”

He looked so proud and why wouldn’t he be. Alexis was very successful and the love of his life.

“Cosima? That is a lovely name.”

He took her hand. His grip was warm and not too firm.

“My name is Bryce. It is a pleasure to meet you.”

He looked down at his shirt and then smiled and nodded.

“The daughter of Isis herself.”

He looked at the girl with a warm smile.

“Are you familiar with her story?”

Bryce was alway looking for people to have discussions with. Not everyone was open to his sometimes radical ideas but he was happy when they were polite or patient enough to listen. He wasn’t sure what Cosima was looking for but he could certainly stimulate her with some friendly conversation.

26 years
Forger/ Club Owner
13 points
"Your Alexis?" Cosima replied with a hint of amusement. "She certainly does. How long have you two been together?" From some people the words would sound more like you would refer to a car or a piece of property. But from him, it was obvious she was someone he cared for a great deal. Since he wasn't wearing a wedding ring, she guessed Alexis was his girlfriend.

Bryce even shook hands like a gentleman. Such a rare thing in this day and age. "The pleasure is all mine, Bryce." Cosima may be a criminal by definition, but she didn't see any reason she had to act like one. When he asked what she knew about Cleopatra, Cosima considered for a moment before shaking her head. "Just the basics, I'm afraid. I saw the movie once a long time ago, but I'm not sure how accurate it was." She smiled back at him.

39 years
Tv Host
28 points

He blushed a bit. Perhaps it sounded a bit possessive. Alexis was her own person but they had a mutual respect that made him comfortable enough to call her his.

“Years… I was away for a spell but we picked right up where we left off. I’m lucky to have her. Are you a regular? I don’t think I’ve ever seen you around.”

Bryce was good with faces. It helped when you were being tailed.

They were acquainted now and he was pleased. Despite what everyone said, New York was home to some of the kindest people he had ever met. He released her hand and turned fully to engage her. His hands remained behind his back and he leaned over a bit at the waist so he was closer to her height. She seemed like a nice girl not that he was one to judge.

He looked positively pleased.

“Ah but which movie? There’s been nearly a dozen. There was the 34 black and white with Claudette Colbert, There was Caesar and Cleopatra with Vivian Leigh and Claude Rains in 45 but you most likely saw the 63 with Elizabeth Taylor. Lovely woman.”

Bryce was a movie guy in his spare time.

“I’m most likely to talk your ear off dear so if you have pressing matters I’ll leave you be but if you would like learn more about Egypt and my favorite Ptolemy. We could take a stroll or maybe get some coffee after you get what you were looking for here. Sadly I lack Alexis’ gifts but I could try to help.”

26 years
Forger/ Club Owner
13 points
Cosima found Bryce's blush charming as well. Some might consider him a bit old-fashioned, but Cosima appreciated a gentleman when she saw one. "Long-distance relationship? Those don't tend to work out. You two must be the lucky ones." When Bryce asked her if she was a regular, Cosima pondered it for a moment. "I've been here a few times, but I don't know if you would consider me a regular."

Cosima tried to guess what his job was. He certainly seemed the professorial type, the way he enjoyed sharing what he knew with others. Perhaps he'd taken a job in another state? She nodded when he mentioned Elizabeth Taylor. You are correct. I wanted to be her when I grew up. She just looked so glamorous. Cosima hadn't come into the store with any real purpose except to look around. She'd found something she wasn't even looking for. "I'm not in any rush. May I ask what it is you do, Bryce?"

39 years
Tv Host
28 points

Long distance? He supposed that was accurate though he wasn’t sure if distance or time mattered or factored in at all. What mattered was he was relatively unharmed and he had his Alexis. If they came for him he would be prepared but god forbid they ever came for her.

“We are very blessed, thank you.”

He nodded but he was certain if she had come more than once she wouldn’t be able to stay away. Alexis had a way of charming her guests and not in a preternatural way. Her shop was unique and eclectic in a city that cherished the strange.

“Plenty of time to make yourself one then.”

He smiled warmly remembering fondly his memories of that movie as a child. One of the last true epics.

“She certainly had an air about her, royalty not by birth but by reputation.”

He nodded and took his time.

“I host a paranormal television program called The Watchtower. We explore the mysteries of the universe and look for others like us who have become awoken to the truth and reality that we are not alone. To some we sound crazy but I assure you I am of sound mind.”

26 years
Forger/ Club Owner
13 points
When Bryce told Cosima what he did for a living, her brow quirked. If she'd been in fox form, her ears would have perked. This was certainly intriguing, a witch and a paranormal investigator. "There are more things in heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.." She answered with a smile. "Are you looking merely for extraterrestrials or do your interests extend to the supernatural creatures here under your own nose? Because I've met quite a few of those too."

Bryce certainly wasn't watching her as if he considered her anything other than a human, but that didn't mean anything. It also shed an interesting light on his statement about leaving Alexis for a time. "Does Alexis share your opinion?" If not, she could see how that might put a strain on their relationship.

39 years
Tv Host
28 points

Bryce smiled at her, he enjoyed that quote. Intellectuals were always the most fun to talk to. He liked meeting new people and making new friends. Networking was very important in his line of work. The more people he knew, the more he could trust though few he trusted as much as Rendlesham and Alexis.

“All of the strange piques my interest. Aliens and governments are my focus but I keep a close eye on the supernatural community whether it be lycanthropes, vampires or even some of the rarer types. Everything fits together in the end, everyone has a part to play."

He considered her question for a moment before continuing.

“Alexis has always had an open mind.. I don’t think she shares many of my thoughts but she has seen a thing or two since we have been together. Just recently I was abducted… By who or what I am uncertain but I lost months of time. If we can survive that… She is a special woman.”

26 years
Forger/ Club Owner
13 points
In her spare time, Cosima liked to read. She didn't have quite as much time as she used to, but she tried. Shakespeare cdertainly had a way with words. When Bryce mentioned that he watched the supernatural communities at well, Cosima gave him a look of amusement. "You do? Well, congratulations, you've just met one. I'm a fox." She totally meant both meanings of the word.

She nodded when he spoke of Alexis's own feelings. It could be hard for those of strongly differing opinions whether they be of politics, religion, or any of a number things dear to a person's heart. "Abducted, you say?" Cosima's experience in dream manipulation had brought up difficult memories in some subjects, whether she meant to or not. "Perhaps I may be able to assist you with finding out what happened in your absence. My skills lie in dreams, which are often linked with memories. Only if that is something you would be interested in, of course."

39 years
Tv Host
28 points

She let him in on her secret and he smiled warmly. It always pleased him that people trusted him enough to share. He only ever spoke of them again if he was given permission. It was important to him that the community view him as safe. He was sure this fox trusted him and he only hoped he was deserving of it.

“And a lovely one as well. Thank you for sharing.”

She asked about the abduction and he nodded. He had spoken about it at length before so he wasn’t shy. He thought for a moment and then pressed his hands together.

“It’s not the first time. The first time I was in a plane cruising at 30,000 feet. This most recent time I was abducted by agents of some sort. I remember a scuffle and then months later I was under a bridge as if nothing had happened.”

He had heard of such practices before but he had never saught it out.

“Regression? I would be very curious to learn more about it and if you are willing to help I am more than happy to accept. Perhaps you could do it on the next episode of The Watchtower? We can blur your face and give you a false name if you’re worried about exposure.”

26 years
Forger/ Club Owner
13 points
"You're welcome.." Some would consider it foolish that Cosima would share her secret so willingly. After all, there were a number of people who hated lycans. But, Cosima considered herself a good judge of character, and believed Bryce meant her no harm. Besides, from what little she knew of Alexis, the witch didn't strike Cosima as someone who would care for a malicious person.

"From a plane?" Now that was interesting. Unless it was a highly elaborate hoax, it would be nearly impossible to do by any means she was aware of "I'm not sure regression is the right word. But perhaps if I could try to recreate the scenario where you disappeared, it might help you remember what happened."

She hadn't considered using her ability in such a public forum as Bryce's show. The accommodations he was willing to make seemed sufficient to protect her identity. It was his safety that concerned her. "You're not concerned that doing such a thing might cause whoever took you to act again?"

39 years
Tv Host
28 points

Cosima was a polite girl and Bryce took note. So many of her generation lacked basic social skills so it was a bit refreshing when he met a young girl who had manners. She had taken a risk telling him what she was but Bryce would never betray that confidence. Consent was very important to him. He would tell her story only if she wished him to.

“I’ve tried to make sense of it for years.”

Bryce had gone through many stages of dealing with his experience though denial only lasted a short time. He knew what he had experienced and he wanted to share it with the world to let them know that they weren’t alone.

“I’m open to any technique you think will help.”

He smiled at her. He had been asked this question before.

“It’s my duty to inform the masses. I’m sure they will try to come again but I have friends. My safety is not my concern. We cannot let the mysteries go unanswered, we cannot let them win. Together we are a force which cannot be stopped if only we would take a moment to stop fighting amongst ourselves.”

26 years
Forger/ Club Owner
13 points
Cosima knew that there were advantages to being polite. Being unnecessarily rude had a tendency to close doors or at least make them harder to open. Then again, the way she interacted with people like Bryce did not have to match the way she spoke with those who shared her way of life. But he seemed like a good person, or at least one who consistently tried to be that way, and that had its own merit. None of Cosima's friends or associates had experienced anything similar, or at least that she knew of. What would she do in that situation?

She could respect that man's bravery in the face of such confusing circumstances. The idea that someone could abduct him from anywhere and keep him a prisoner without his knowledge must make it difficult to attempt to live a normal life. But he had Alexis, and from what Cosima had seen, he loved her very much. The decision lay in his hands, and if he was willing to take this risk in search of the truth, who was she to deny him? "All right," Cosima smiled, holding her hands out in a 'you win' gesture. "I'll give you my information and we can get this done."Reaching into her bag, she pulled out a card with her name, email, and phone number. "Oh that's right..my number changed. Just a sec." Pulling the card back,she marked out the top number and wrote a different one beneath it with small precise handwriting. Capping the pen, she gave him back the card. The number on the card was her backup, the one she gave to most people, a burner that could be easily replaced with little loss. The number she'd written underneath was her actual number, which was restricted to only a small circle of individuals. Why she felt compelled to give Bryce her real number, she wasn't sure.

39 years
Tv Host
28 points

He was always a man that enjoyed meeting new people. There was so much to learn and so many different experiences. He was old enough to know that he wasn’t always right. He had his own opinions but he was open to new ideas and new experiences. He had never met a fox before so he was excited to learn all that he could and he was pleased that she was so friendly.

She didn’t fight him on his points and he was happy. He wasn’t looking for a fight. Pleasant conversation was his goal. He would educate her on his experiences if asked but he wouldn’t try to indoctrinate her. It was up to her to learn the truth. He could show you the way to the water but he could never make her drink.

She offered to give him her information and he nodded politely. He was looking forward to a new friendship and if she was open to it he would expose her to his world.

He took her card and ran his fingers over it before she took it back.

Her handwriting was lovely. He smiled warmly at her and slid the card into the breast pocket of his jacket.

“Thank you very much. I’ll send you some information and we can get started down the rabbit hole.”

26 years
Forger/ Club Owner
13 points
Things had certainly turned out differently than Cosima anticipated when she came into Black Cat Curiosities. But unlike other 'surprises', this one had actually turned out well. Bryce was kind, smart, and very devoted to his cause in light of what had already happened to him. Was she fully convinced of his belief system? No, but it did make her curious enough to see what she could find out about the Watchtower and its host. These days it wasn't implausible to think there could be an overlap between the world of the supernatural and what people would have considered aliens in the past.

"I look forward to it." Cosima smiled back warmly . "But you know, a cup of coffee does sound lovely. Would you care to join me?" There was a cozy little coffee shop just up the street that hadn't been bought out or put out of business by one of the big chains yet. She was quite fond of it. Besides, she liked talking to Bryce, and wasn't quite ready to go on her way just yet.

[/QUOTE]
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll