welcome guest! please log in or register!
welcome back Guest [ Switch account: ]
  • FEB 22 Announcing the Non-Master Incentive Program! Take a look at the details here!
  • FEB 05 February contests have been posted! Get in on the fun here!
  • FEB 04 The Annual Sinsomnia Smut Contest has started! Information on the contest can be found here. With the lust prompt in effect in Manhattan you have plenty of canon and non-canon options.
  • FEB 04 Get your votes in for January OTMs here!
  • JAN 21 Voting for the GIF inspired contest is up! Read the entries and vote here.
  • JAN 08 Our new, fully customized skin is done! We're so excited for our new look!
  • JAN 08 Vote for the yearly superlatives here!
  • JAN 08 please remember to fill out the census recount here.

featured

Add Reply
New Poll

Stepping Up, Tag; Sakaira
played by VanderLepìda12 posts
834 years
41 points

@sakaira

It had been months since the last time he'd stepped foot in these halls, and after hearing all the "fun" the he had missed in his absence... well, it went without saying that he was now more ready than ever to take an official place in the group's ranks, not wanting to lose this place of safety to a group of humans that thought they were better than all the preternaturals in the city... simply because they were still "pure" human. It was something that Cortez found more than a little irksome, annoying even, but he knew better than to lash out.

It'd just give the Kiss a bad name, and they were working on building better PR with the majority of the other groups in the city. Giving into the want to exact vengeance was not only a bad idea, but a potentially disastrous one as well, and he'd much rather just use his abilities to protect the rest of the Kiss from any other unwanted intrusions than run the risk of bringing down the ire of the local police... or the recently powered-up Master of the City.

That was another surprise to come back to... hearing that Nova had become the head of her own line meant that it was more likely that the New York Kiss would remain off the potential target list of other vampire groups that wanted to overstep their boundaries, but as Nova was also blind, she was going to need help in that endeavour. Which was the reason he had gone to see her that night; he wanted to lend his skills, not only as a master vampire, but also as a Kiss member.

Seeing to the safety of those here was something that would keep the group strong, but also banded together... even if it was only for safety.

Entering the public area of the Kiss' headquarters, Cortez's hazel eyes swept the area for any sign of Nova, demeanour calm, but also intent; he was going to do what he could to help from now on, and not just waste his talents over years of idle complacency.

code: tori | image: vander
played by SakaMOTC300 posts
128 years
Leader
219 points
A drop of blood
goes a long long way
Her office was just being emptied form a previous meeting, her staff going over the month expectation, events and what they needed in terms of budget. A tedious thing really but needed doing. Most were vampires or rolled humans to keep them in line and aligned to the Kiss. Accountants, publis relations and planners. Trust team to look after the affairs above while discussion turned to that of below within the last half of an hour. They had been getting plenty more Masters into their ranks and it was good for power, mentioning who would be good to bring to the ranks and re-tasking. What rogues were found in the city and other issues that were brought up.

Thus far, they hadn't found another one to take over for Ethan's previous role. He had been an asset, smart, wise and good at organization. It was hard to find someone to replace him and she knew that Kaleb would appreciate the aid. There was one in mind... but his wanderlust hadn't abated to keep him still for too long.

Meeting adjourned with much to still attend to, she felt good about the meeting, everything had a plan and she did have some take always to finish things off. Delegating her team to do all that was needed. Papers were handed off as she stepped out of the room, giving a needless breath in exhale to just clear her head when a familiar scent wafted to her. Ocean, leather... not unlike her Dimissie and sorely jut as missed.

Following her nose she didn't have far to go when his form stood in the hallway not but at the other end of it. Her arms opened wide in greeting as she jogged closer to him him. "Cortez! You're back! So glad to have you for the holidays." She moved over to give him an embrace, her shorter self even in heels wasn't all that tall to reach his stature. "When did you arrive you should have called." her voice muffled against his chest until she stepped away. "Come, join me for a meal, we have much to talk about, how was you voyage?"

834 years
41 points

@sakaira

He wasn't left waiting too long when an all too familiar scent hit him, attention diverting to the archway that she emerged from mere moments later, which drew a rare smile from the ex-pirate, chuckling softly when she jogged closer, arms wide, and gave him a solid and affectionate hug, something that he wasn't terribly accustomed to from anyone aside from Teressa. Not that he minded much, even returning that hug, before she stepped back. Her blindness definitely hadn't improved (not that he'd expected it to), but it was something familiar, and one of the things that had made New York (oddly) feel like home.

"I haven't been back for long, Nova," he admitted, lowering his arms, though was surveying the shorter woman curiously. Yes, her scent was familiar, but there was something... different about it, and something that he just couldn't seem to put his finger on just yet. "Besides; calling ahead might have spoiled the surprise."

There were few individuals that Cortez felt comfortable enough with to tease in such a manner, and although Nova might have been the Master of the City, they'd known one another long enough for him to be able to relax and let his real personality shine through the years of grief and abuse that had been a prelude to him going pirating across most of the Atlantic ocean. Not that he'd maintained any regret over what had happened, as it had eventually led to him finding a life-long partner in Teressa, but it had definitely been a long and arduous road.

"I can certainly join you," he replied with a low chuckle, turning to fall into step with her as she headed out from the hall to one of the more private areas of Rhapsody's underground, idly wondering what sort of feeders she'd managed to get her hands on during the months he'd been absent... though when she mentioned that they had much to talk about, it made him curious; that sounded like more than a simple chat between friends. "The voyage was mostly uneventful, to be honest; none of the Kisses we stumbled across got too territorial, since we never stayed longer than a few hours in any given port.

"What about here? Didn't happen to miss that much, did I?"

128 years
Leader
219 points
A drop of blood
goes a long long way
Her smile was large and fangy, little canines peeking out from her lips as they pulled back to expose those pearly whites. "Hmm that it would. I'm glad you have returned. Its been a rather interesting time since you've left us." Always welcomed back she took a step back from her cordial greetings to something a touch more rigid and regal now that business was needed. Those she had grown close to and known in their years under the tyrant king earned a touch more friendly in greeting than others. The cool air she carried about others was all there to maintain her image as Master of the City and not some push over. It was a delicate balance.

Arm linked with his as he agreed to join her and feet turned to lead them to one of the more private rooms made for such feedings. They had Partage's that visited and with the Leopards now being one to give blood, it was were they were stationed out of. "I take it that it was more like a cruise than made for visiting other places then if only for a few hours." She teased, knowing that it was not how it went at all but it did offer her own ideas to how sailing was these days.

"Oh a little of this and that. A mishap at a wedding, as you probably have noticed the new security features. I've done something with my hair since then- "she was indicating to her rise in power with this hidden meaning and great smile. "-and I'm in need of a new Lepída... I haven't well renowned Dragons left since the mishap at said wedding and I was wondering if you would be willing to take up the position?" Blunt, to the point. He was wanting to clear up her lose ends and get him to work right away so he wouldn't escape her again. She needed his power, his Masterdom ad especially one with a servant was needed. He was a rare asset that deserved a rank. "Unless you want to escape me once more... I was hoping this would tie you down to a single place for a few years in the very least." A twinkle in that mischievous blind eye.

834 years
41 points

@sakaira

Head tilting slightly in a quizzical manner, Cortèz wasn't entirely sure what she was alluding to, but if he knew Nova, she'd get around to it in her own time. It was just the way she functioned, and had long since accepted the fact that she had to maintain the outward, cool appearance that her position demanded; it wouldn't do for potential usurpers to see that she was capable of being friendly and affectionate with an underling, especially someone like him, who some other City Masters would have probably seen as a loose cannon, something to be subdued, not tolerated.

It was part of the reason that he'd chosen to settle into New York in the first place, amusement touching his features faintly when she linked her arm with his, the piratical vampire's expression slightly stony to appear like he was acting Nova's guard, and it seemed to work; several lesser vampires were quicker to get out of the way when they saw the two approaching, though he was also perfectly willing to follow her lead to a more private room, hazel eyes dancing across the scenery to re-familiarise himself with it all. Several months away almost felt a lifetime, immortal or not.

"Essentially," he agreed, though amusement was colouring his tone; several of the local Kisses he'd stumbled across were far from friendly, but with Teressa's help, he'd managed to either evade them, or overpower whomever they sent to deal with him, severely underestimating what he was capable of. Not that she was very helpful as she launched into a rather vague summary of what had happened while he was gone, smile a little wry, until she reached the point of mentioning that she was in need of a new Lepída, as that was definitely news to him, and his brows lifted in mild, understated surprise at the question of whether or not he'd like to take the departed vampire's place. "I didn't realise you had become a mind reader while I was gone, Nova," he teased back, a smile forming on his features, though he was experienced enough to not let his sharpened teeth show; it just seemed like bad manners to do so to the Master of the City. "That was part of the reason I had planned to seek you out tonight.

"The idle lack of use that my powers are getting was beginning to trouble me, so if I can somehow help you, and the Kiss, it would be my pleasure to take that offered role." Of course, he had to pause for a brief moment, laughing quietly over the mischief present in her gaze. "As if I could ever escape you; I may be capable of dodging more things than most, but your charm is not one of them."

Yes, he was being rather flattering at that point, but it was a carry over from his human years... one of the few he'd retained, as most had bled away into nothing over the centuries.

128 years
Leader
219 points
A drop of blood
goes a long long way
When he agreed to joining her to meal she turned them down the hallway that was in the direction of a more private feeding room. There were open ones for less than intimate feel but she wanted to discuss things further with him that required more of an enclosed space. Those that parted before them like the red sea made it easier to make to the door without incident. "Then it's a good thing you took your cruise to relax before I put you t work." She teased and pushing open the door for them to step into.

A touch of laughter, amused to her mind reading before she shrugged all nonchalant like and the sly smile stayed to those painted lips. "I read desires Cortez, my powers have...altered if but slightly to know that our desires aligned." Not so cryptic now that sealed door was behind them. The room was empty for now which would require a simple plucking of phone to make that call to have two of their donors arrive. The space was red like almost everything else in the hotel, the theme of it place but there were other room for different settings if anyone wished to indulge in fantasies. This one was simple and roomy as she moved to take a seat.

"Good, I thought you might... although I didn't know for sure until I saw you just now. I'm not one for lingering when the Kiss is in need and those we have are somewhat lacking for the position. As a Master it would suit you well." She nodded once as legs crossed so dress hugged her thin frame further. Flattery coloring his words to keep her smiling. Once being a Belle Morte that part of enjoying some pretty laced words still clung to her. "Are you sure its just me that carries the Charm?" another smirk shot his direction.

"Kaleb has been holding down the fort since the previous one had left, I'm sure he would be welcoming to the aid, especially that of another Dragon bloodline." Adding in to help him get settled right away into the role. Nova didn't beat around the bush, she liked her ranks filled to those that were capable of handling it. "You remember him no doubt?"

834 years
41 points

@sakaira

Cortèz was quick to fall into step with Nova when she changed direction towards one of the more private rooms, though also made a point to let her walk a step ahead of him, despite her short stature. Not because he couldn't keep up, but because he respected her as the Master of the City, though given that he found himself chuckling quietly at her comment about his recently ended cruise, he wasn't completely sure that others would see them in a strictly professional relationship. They behaved too friendly around one another for that to be the case.

"It certainly sounds like it," he agreed, stepping into the room she opened the door to, taking a cursory glance around, if only because his paranoid nature didn't allow him to do anything less when entering a room that he wasn't completely sure was secure. "I detected that something had changed about you, but I wasn't aware that you could detect such specific things from another."

Still teasing her, if only just, Cortèz seated himself across from Nova and began to make himself comfortable there, unable to help himself from chuckling quietly at her volleyed remark about charm. It was true that he was capable of it, but there were few he know, alive or dead, that were actually aware of where he'd come from in his youth, and what had been his driving influence over the centuries. Not only to survive, but to thrive after his sire grew bored of him and abandoned him to make his own way in the world.

"I seem to remember that he's a fairly shameless flirt," he remarked with a low laugh, unintentionally mirroring her pose when he crossed his legs at the knee, folding his hands neatly in his lap. "But if he's of the Dragon bloodline, no doubt my own ability to copy any of his will come in handy." It had certainly been a while since he'd worked closely with another vampire of the aforementioned line, but as he already had combat skills of his own, there wouldn't be a lot of cause to borrow Kaleb's that often. "Was there any place you wished me to start first, or are we putting out fires as they crop up?"

128 years
Leader
219 points
A drop of blood
goes a long long way
His laughter was infectious, charming and suave. Her type of male to be one of the ranked and at her side. Influence and power was everything when it came to where she was in the world. Having those surrounding her was important to be able to stand up with her. Cortez would very well have no issue with that, making him the perfect candidate. Like any new president, they had those in their cabinet or senate or whatever that would back them up. Supporters. She was no different.

"Its different than the Belle line. I'll admit there are similarities but its not strictly lust. I've a few new things up my sleeve actually... but wants... desires, fantasies. They are all a branch off of lust and those I can sense now. It opens a lot of doors now." she admitted while setting comfortably. Her hand reached out blindly for the phone at the side table... her finger finding the braille for the number 2 and pressed it. No need to call, it would send two donors down without the need of peaking... unless he had a specific taste but this was a casual meeting, nothing so formal or intimate.

"I'm sure you two will figure something out and work well together." She chuckled and tilted her head in thought. "Hmmm, right now. I'm in need of arranging things for our alliances. They are under fire from HASC and have asked for protection. I don't want our Dragonblood lines out there, but we have plenty of other fighters that could use the exercise. Train them up, arrange protection detail, assign tasks and the like. I trust in you to select the best for our allies. We need to have their faith in us unshaken." If that was possible really... things had been on edge for a while now and really she wasn't sure if they would still trust them after failure of finding their lost. She would have to touch base with her RPIT contacts, and Zhair...

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll