Are you a Saint or Sinner?

9.01.2017 It's our birthday and we're celebrating all month long! We want to thank all our members for sticking with us, whether you've been here from the beginning or just joined a week ago. We couldn't have done all this without you and we hope to do it for many more years to come. To celebrate there will be a new event posted each week that will allow you to do things you can't do any other time as well as earn prizes! Watch out for due dates though! Once they pass that event is over.

Vampire
10 ♂
09 ♀
Human
11 ♂
13 ♀
Witch
08 ♂
08 ♀
Animator
01 ♂
03 ♀
Merrow
06 ♂
03 ♀
Werewolf
06 ♂
08 ♀
Wereleopard
10 ♂
08 ♀
Werelion
05 ♂
10 ♀
Wanderer
12 ♂
05 ♀
Yokai
05 ♂
06 ♀

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

It's so FLUFFY!, @Vander
Hendrika Pavoni
 Posted: Jul 17 2017, 05:41 AM

Nefarious

Gian Avur

Vixen

Posts 230

Points 200

Occupation Lawyer

Hands, put your empty hands in mine And scars, show me all the scars you hide

Member Inventory: View

All Content OK + Female

Awards: 5

And scars, show me all the scars you hide
And hey, if your wings are broken
Please take mine so yours can open too
'Cause I'm gonna stand by you
walk through hell
with you
Hendrika couldn't actually remember who had mentioned this place to her; it might have been Sadie from the office. It was definitely her kind of thing; judging from the sheer volume of cat pictures on her desk Hendrika had started to suspect she was heading into honorary cat lady status with something rather akin to the speed of light. Which honestly as long as she was happy about it Hendrika wasn't in any position to judge; she had one seemed to be doomed to be one with a added dash of the weird but funky aunt thrown in for good measure at the same time.

That might still end up happening but she was hopeful that Andy would prevent too much of the craze from settling in and seizing completely control. Not that she was really sure Cash wouldn't have strong suspicious in that direction considering her invitation to join her at this cafe.

"Oh you are precious...so very precious, aren't you. hmmm I could steal you but I would...I really would be in trouble I think. But you are a delightful floof" she murmured, reaching under the chin of the cat and petting it fondly. Hendrika wasn't sure at first that cats would have been used to the idea of a wolf in their midst but her family had pets and aside from the odd bout of random peeing or the more constant submission that happened a lot more often, the whole family had managed to work around it. Hendrika had dealt a lot with teasing as a result but she had gotten over it eventually.

Hendrika chuckled a little as the cat sauntered off, tail flicking as she settled back onto the warmth of the rather comfortable chair she'd picked out while she was waiting for Cash to get here. Reaching over for her coffee she sipped from the cup, sighing absently with clear enjoyment.

Given that the last time she had seen Cash and what had been going one then, Hendrika hadn't had any chance to really get in contact with him since and she had picked a location that she hoped would be relaxing.

PM EMAIL
^
Cash Ryker
 Posted: Aug 1 2017, 09:28 PM

Nefarious

Vander

Dragon Knight

Posts 240

Points 4

Occupation Singer/Songwriter

Art is how we decorate space; music is how we decorate time.

All Content OK + Male

Awards: 7 (6 displayed)

@Gian Avur

He'd admit to being a little surprised over the invitation, but given the idea of the café, and how much of a cat-person Cash had been (and still sort of was), he wasn't about to pass up the opportunity to go. It was also run by the local Pard, from what he understood, and he had a bit of a lingering fear that the one of these days, he'd wind up turned by a lycanthrope that he unintentionally pissed off with his difficult to control and flippant responses. Ingrained habits were always the hardest to break... especially those that he didn't particularly want to rid himself of.

Of course, Una was disgruntled that she had to stay home, shooting him plenty of dark looks while he was getting ready to leave. It wasn't until he stopped to assure her that no, he wouldn't be coming home with a new friend, before he left the house that she seemed to relax again and perk up slightly. Cash had his suspicions that she was still a little wary of the idea, but trusted him to keep his word, as he hadn't ever lied to her before.

The building itself wasn't hard to find, as he'd become very accustomed to the buildings around Central Park, due to the aforementioned vixen constantly dragging him out of the house to go on walks, instead of being cooped up in the house all day, every day. She probably realised what he was doing to himself, getting lost in his work so much, and did what she could to make him wake up and let his brain have a rest every once in a while, so it didn't take long to step in the front door, taking a glance around, which was a habit of his now.

Everything looked comfortable enough, and it wasn't hard to spot Henny either. It wasn't as though he'd tried to get in contact with anyone at the Skulk house after his last, extremely dramatic, stop by. There had been fair reason for his behaviour, but the memory of that cause was slowly fading from his memory for some reason, so as long as something didn't trigger said memory... he ought to be okay.

"Hey, Henny," he greeted as he walked over, careful to not step on a cat along the way, even if one seemed to make it his (or her?) personal mission to attack his shoelaces before he sat down. "How're you? Sorry I haven't called; been busy with work 'n all."

Deadlines were horrible, and terrible, things

code: tori | image: vander
PM
^
Hendrika Pavoni
 Posted: Aug 5 2017, 07:45 AM

Nefarious

Gian Avur

Vixen

Posts 230

Points 200

Occupation Lawyer

All Content OK + Female

walk through hell
with you
She was more than glad to be able to spend time with Cash; it was probably good that they were away from the foxes as well. Not that she disliked home at all but it was sometimes good to be away from home and the restraint that she had to display when remembering that she in a house with other people. Hendrika was the kind of woman who was used to crowds but that still didn't stop her from appreciating her own space from time to time.

Added to which the cat cafe was an option that demanded company and Hendrika considered Cash as more than just her boyfriends brother, he was family and important as a result of that.

She really enjoyed just being able to spend time with him "Cash! You're looking well - how is everything?" she asked, enthused and positive and with a warm smile on her face; that was just the way she was, Hendrika didn't hide her happiness from the world "Did you have any trouble...what have you got on your shoes hmm? Looks like you've got an admirer?" she chuckled looking at the very determined cat, another of which had landed on her lap and prevented her from standing up.

"I have to say I am loving this place, how is Shyla? Any word on the job front?" she asked, stroking the cat but otherwise intent on his words and the conversation to follow afterwards.

Hendrika waited for his reply and smiled down at her new companion "And no apologising! It's all good, I know how bad work can be so don't worry I've been hit with a few briefs all at once as well" she admitted, sighing a little bit but clearly not entirely upset with that detail.

PM EMAIL
^
Cash Ryker
 Posted: Aug 23 2017, 04:45 PM

Nefarious

Vander

Dragon Knight

Posts 240

Points 4

All Content OK + Male

@Gian Avur

The bright and cheerful response was everything he'd come to expect from Henny, as that was simply the type of person she was... unlike the musician, who had the capability to be rather morose and depressed sometimes, though that really depended on where his muse decided to drag him, and for how long. It was probably only thanks to Una that he hadn't locked himself in the studio in the house to write in the dead silence and lack of sunlight the room offered, thanks to the sound-proofed walls and blackout curtains that kept out anything he didn't immediately need.

One of the reasons he was so damned pale, but he was getting slightly better about it, at least.

"It's rolling along alright," he answered, leaning over sideways to rescue his shoelace from the vicious attack by the same cat that had attacked his shoe before he'd sat down, ruffling the feline's head before lifting his foot to retie the laces more securely. "Though I think I've bitten off a little more than I can chew, when it comes to work. Not the music, but... I somehow managed to join the local coven... but not as an actual witch."

Making sure that his laces were secure, not to mention tucked away so another stubborn cat undid his handiwork, the musician smoothed his jeans out again as he leaned back in his chair... though wasn't left unmolested for long. Almost as if knowing he had the scent of another animal on him, another one of the cats leapt up into his lap, rubbing its head on his abdomen... scent marking him. It made him want to sigh, but rather than fight it, he just started petting the creature in question, causing it to purr happily all the while.

"I mean... I don't have a lick of magical talent in me, but... yeeeeeah... there've been a couple new additions that quite a few folks seem to think are useful, and they don't want it all to go to waste."

That had been Ryuu's not-so-cleverly concealed sales pitch, even if, in the end, Cash had wound up falling for it. And yes, he felt like a total sucker.

PM
^
Hendrika Pavoni
 Posted: Aug 24 2017, 01:28 AM

Nefarious

Gian Avur

Vixen

Posts 230

Points 200

Occupation Lawyer

All Content OK + Female

walk through hell
with you
That was new and news to her; as far as Hendrika had known being a witch was just a little bit of a requirement. It would be like attempting to join a hospital as a surgeon when you only had a first aider badge on your belt. Not the best idea at all.

Still, she let that settle before she made a comment "Really? ...so how does that even work? I mean, obviously it does but if you're not a witch what exactly do you ...do? Or even get from it" Hendrika had been under the impression that the local coven worked on providing the kind of support for witches that the pack or skulk gave for its own members.

So, why was Cash signing up? Had he signed up? "Did Shyla suggest it?" perhaps that was it. Hendrika would be able to understand that as it made the most kind of sense to her brain. But then again she also wasn't sure that it really made any kind of sense, at the moment she was running around in a whole lot of circles about al of this at the moment "...but more importantly do you enjoy it? What does it involve, this whole being a witch and everything?" that was clearly the more important thing right now when it came how she was thinking about everything.

As long as Cash was happy, safe and settled that was really all that mattered. Everything else was merely window dressing at this point "Also does that mean you get a wand now?" she asked, mostly teasing but wanting to see if she could manage to coax a smile from him.

PM EMAIL
^
Cash Ryker
 Posted: Aug 30 2017, 11:38 PM

Nefarious

Vander

Dragon Knight

Posts 240

Points 4

All Content OK + Male

@Gian Avur

This was difficult to try to explain in public, especially if he couldn't really show her the items he was about to mention, as he wasn't entirely sure whether or not Andy would have told her about them. It might have been a little difficult for the elder twin to do without his younger brother around to explain in finer detail, as Cash himself hadn't entirely explained how he'd come to own them, and upon taking a step back to give the elder twin a little room... well, they hadn't been talking much, and definitely not enough that explanations could have been given.

"No, I'm not a witch, but I'm still capable of magic," he pointed out, leaning on one arm of the chair he was seated in. "Una is only one example of said magic, and I recently discovered that I also am capable of offensive abilities that are... holy in nature. A little weird, since I've never really been that religious, but they found it was worthwhile to keep an eye on... even use it." He paused, head tilted slightly. "I also somehow managed to become good friends with the coven's high priest, so... I guess I have a lot of leeway in regards to what's defined as magic and what isn't?"

That's what he was thinking, at least, but joining Keaton's coven order of Dragon Knights had been his own choice... an uncharacteristic want for revenge on people he didn't know, if only because those people had hurt those he did know, and that was not something he handled very well, bound and determined to see those people brought to justice. Or killed. He was fairly flexible about it.

"No, it was my decision alone, though she's been supporting it," he admitted, idly petting the cat that had decided to take up residence on his lap, causing the feline to purr... rather loudly, at that. "It'd be a little weird for me to enjoy it..." and no, it wasn't exactly safe... "Considering I'm basically hunting down evil witches whenever they crop up, and you know that I'm not really one for violence, but... well... I don't want to see anyone hurt by said witches, and I have an advantage over them."

Not that he expanded on that thought just yet, not even sure that Henny wanted to hear about it, but he imagined that she would; he was just giving her the chance to ask first. Even if her comment made him laugh, oddly easily and louder than he'd been prone to doing in the past.

"Depending on how one looks at it, you could say I already have two," he admitted, his lap occupant nudging his hand when he'd been distracted enough to stop petting her. "They're just a little bit... sharper than any traditional wands."

PM
^
Hendrika Pavoni
 Posted: Aug 31 2017, 11:58 AM

Nefarious

Gian Avur

Vixen

Posts 230

Points 200

Occupation Lawyer

All Content OK + Female

walk through hell
with you
She had been witness to many things since her infection and accepting that Cash could or was at least able to touch briefly upon the arcane was hardly a terrible burden and it certainly wasn't the shock it might have been otherwise. Although she had a hard time imagining him as being capable of anything at all in respect of bringing out harm to anyone. Cash was for her, innocent or at least lacking in the violence of many others who were gathered around her - as they were generally lycanthropes it wasn't a great achievement.

It was however one that she felt Cash had earned. Hendrika listened attentively, after all it was her question that had prompted all of this and the very least she could do then was listen to what reply he had to give.

Still, it had her stumped for any kind of sensible or logical reply; enough that she felt almost as if she'd failed him in not immediately offering any sort of worded answer at least nothing beyond a flicker of concern and a smile "It makes me imagine you as some kind of superhero; one with an alter ego...I never saw that coming, not in the least little bit" Hendrika wasn't amused, not really but she had to share some of her joy with him just the same. That was part of her gift, the part of her that she offered freely to the world and allowed select others to have and hold. It might seem like she was selfish or at least possibly selfless in her efforts but that didn't prevent Hendrika from continuing onwards.

"I don't like the idea of you being in harms way, not in hunting anyone. Evil witches? That doesn't sound like you..." she stopped and shook her head slowly, it was hardly the sort of thing that needed to be said. He had after all made the same speech already but her words clearly supported all of that as well "You should stay safe..." Hendrika remarked warmly, she could hardly condemn him for his actions or choices. She was often more in harms way than Cash ever was but it was far more than she wanted to protect him. It was not in her to allow him into a place where harm existed.

She frowned a little "Does Andy know about the witches? And the coven?" it was a Volpe asking but also as much that she cared for the two of them as members of her family, and so this was the kind of thing that mattered when it came to knowing.

PM EMAIL
^
Cash Ryker
 Posted: Sep 3 2017, 03:07 AM

Nefarious

Vander

Dragon Knight

Posts 240

Points 4

All Content OK + Male

@Gian Avur

Given his usual demeanour, most people that knew him well tended to be taken aback that he was so wiling to engage in acts of violence... and so nonchalantly at that. It didn't change who he was, at his core, but he'd become sick and tired of being a doormat for others to traipse over with little regard, and even less care for who they were hurting, meaning that now... now, he was fighting back, and wasn't going to play nice, especially if someone's life was in danger, proving to everyone, himself included, that he wasn't nearly as helpless as they were led to believe.

Still, for Henny, it must have been quite a 180, and probably unexpected, if only because the last time he'd been caught in a situation where he was rendered helpless, he came back a broken, sobbing mess that had needed a lot of support to recover. Being so helpless was something that he hated, and he was completely determined to make sure that it would never happen again.

No matter what it took to keep himself, and possibly others, out of harm's way. At least he could be certain to not hurt someone who didn't actually deserve it, the holy blades flat out refusing to let him use them to harm someone that fell into that category.

"I'm hardly a superhero, Henny," he countered with a quiet chuckle, shifting slightly so his legs could cross comfortably at the knee. "But I guess nobody really saw it coming... least of all me. I just figure that it's a better alternative to what happened a few weeks ago, if only because I gave everyone quite a fright over the whole ordeal."

Probably an understatement, but it was his turn to fall quiet and listen to what she had to say, smile softening somewhat at her expressed concern, drawing a quiet sigh from him, though he didn't answer her until she was finished speaking.

"I'm just tired of being a victim, Henny," he replied, voice equally as soft as the smile that lingered on his features. "But I don't want anyone else to be in that situation, either. If I can prevent it, I'm going to try... and, you know, do my best to keep out of trouble, too."

He had to pause at her question, smile fading into a slight frown as he thought of how to answer that. Truth be told, he hadn't spoken much to Andy since the day he'd admitted to what he'd been feeling in regards to what was going on with the Skulk, having revealed the gleaming blades in the same afternoon, and he wasn't sure if his twin even wanted to hear from him. Certain voices in his head were telling him no, but... well, they were prone to lying, and he knew that.

"I haven't had a chance to tell him, no," he admitted, rubbing the back of his head in an abashed manner. "He can probably guess why I started, but other than that, I don't know that he knows any specifics."

He wasn't even sure that he wanted his twin to know, but it'd probably come out, sooner or later. Probably best that he be the one to tell him, rather than it being heard second hand.

PM
^
Hendrika Pavoni
 Posted: Sep 4 2017, 02:40 AM

Nefarious

Gian Avur

Vixen

Posts 230

Points 200

Occupation Lawyer

All Content OK + Female

walk through hell
with you
Honestly, she'd been seriously concerned about Cash when he had come over and had what amounted to a breakdown at their new house. Hendrika definitely didn't want something like that to happen again but at the same time she also understood why Cash might actually want to do something that was more proactive than just sitting about and hoping it never happened again.

In fact, Hendrika was very aware of her own desire to not be a victim in the wake of her attack and while at times she couldn't be completely sure that it had worked out it didn't stop Hendrika was continuing to try each and every day in order to make sure she met it with strength and not weakness "I guess, I get it Cash. I do and I'm glad to hear you don't think you're some kind of superhero but that doesn't mean I won't worry" that was really her job as the sorta sister-in-law and she wouldn't give that up.

"Do you really want to do this exact thing though? I mean...is there something less risky? And I probably sound terrible for asking but I don't want you to be hurt; not again..." Hendrika explained and flushed a little bit. She wasn't in the least bit sure that she was sounding or saying anything right or sensible about all of this but she had to try as her natural concern and desire to help was exactly the sort of thing that she would do with anyone whom she cared about and Cash was even more important than most.

Hendrika nodded her head "You know he'll want to know, though, right? I mean he'll probably be worse than me when it comes to the whole business of wanting you to be safe" she pointed out while grinning "...is Shyla part of this as well? Being a witch and everything?" it wouldn't be terrible if she was involved as well.

PM EMAIL
^
Cash Ryker
 Posted: Sep 5 2017, 10:23 PM

Nefarious

Vander

Dragon Knight

Posts 240

Points 4

All Content OK + Male

@Gian Avur

The reason he'd had such an intense breakdown at the Fox Den was something he only vaguely remembered any more, for some odd reason, but whatever the case was, he was glad that the details were escaping him; it meant that he was able to sleep easier, and didn't wake up in the middle of the night, shaking and in a cold sweat. That tended to alarm Shy quite a bit more than some of the others, since he didn't see them every day any more, and he hated to see her fret over him so much, the escaping details allowing them both to rest a little easier.

It was part of the reason why he'd decided to be proactive over passively accepting his fate as a living punching bag, which seemed to have been all he'd been good for lately. At least Henny believed him when he said that he didn't believe himself a superhero, since that was about as far from his actual mindset as possible... if only because most "superheroes" were confident, charismatic, and didn't suffer from crippling levels of self doubt over things that they really didn't need to fret over, or weren't actually their fault.

"I'm not banning you from fretting," he pointed out, smile a little wry. "I mean, I wish you wouldn't, and that there was more I could do to reassure you, but I'm not going to say that you aren't allowed." He paused for a brief moment, only to laugh quietly again, shaking his head. "If only because it'd not only be extremely rude, but also an exercise in futility; I know you well enough that asking you to not fret over someone you care about is like asking the planet to stop spinning."

Again, he paused at her question, fingers idly drumming on the arm of the chair he was seated in as he considered how to answer... without sounding like a wishy-washy idiot. Even if he wholly expected that he'd sound like one, regardless.

"Well... being a holy hit man wasn't exactly something I was actively looking to do," he admitted, momentarily forgetting that the she-wolf might not be aware of the twin blades he was in possession of, as it would have been up to Andy to divulge such information before now; Cash's twin brother was the only one in his immediate family that actually knew about them. "But getting hurt kinda comes with the territory. Just... not in that way, specifically... plus, I'm a bit more durable than I was, up 'til a couple months ago."

She'd probably ask for clarification, but obliging in the middle of the cafe was probably not the wisest course of action; if she wanted to know, he'd have to ask if she'd mind going for a walk, if only to get away from the crowd.

Even so, her words made him sigh softly, nodding as he lifted a hand to rub at his eyes lightly.

"Yeah... I know," he managed, voice as soft as the preceding sigh had been, if not more so. "Again, I wish you wouldn't worry so much, even though I know I can't stop you from it." Still, it was nice, in an odd sort of way, to know that Henny cared enough to fret about possible danger he might find himself in in the future. "Shy's more acting cheerleader on this one, encouraging me, but not enough that it causes me to be reckless. She'd probably have my head if I went that far."

Several people would, but he was trying to not dwell on that.

PM
^
Hendrika Pavoni
 Posted: Sep 6 2017, 07:28 AM

Nefarious

Gian Avur

Vixen

Posts 230

Points 200

Occupation Lawyer

All Content OK + Female

walk through hell
with you
The breakdown was the kind of thing that tended to linger in her mind; one that Hendrika worried about more and more because he wasn't talking about it. At least not as far as she knew.

Hendrika had only managed to remain in control over her need to help him because she knew that it was the kind of thing that he might need to see about talking with a professional - if that was happening then it was all right. At least she wanted to believe that was what was happening "...well you need to know I've taken it on a job for life, so you are stuck with me" Hendrika smiled as she said it out loud but she was no less serious for having a smile on her face while she was speaking.

"And I'm always here if you want to talk" she added after a little while; even though it was probably not something which was at all necessary by this point she still said it. She didn't want Vander to ever forger that was the case when it came to anything he needed to talk about with someone.

She tilted her head at that, naturally she wanted to know more! Which was why she scooted around to sit closer to him "And what does that mean? hmm? Come on details! Are you armoured now?" she was teasing and trying to make light of it all, even as she elbowed him a little bit to encourage the spilling of the beans and yet it also had her excited about it all.

"...do you really see yourself as a holy hit man, really?" Hendrika commented and almost laughed out loud at the idea of it all. She breathed slowly in and out "And everyone should have their own cheering squad - though I have to admit I really don't think I'll fit into my old uniform but I still have the pom-poms somewhere" it was a little bit of oversharing but Hendrika was well known for giving out more information than anyone had expected or needed.

PM EMAIL
^
Cash Ryker
 Posted: Sep 13 2017, 04:07 PM

Nefarious

Vander

Dragon Knight

Posts 240

Points 4

All Content OK + Male

@Gian Avur

There was a fairly simple explanation for why Cash wasn't talking about the incident, and it all just boiled down to the fact that it was getting easier to let it lie and move on. The memories were fading quite quickly on their own, each morning proving to be that much more difficult to recall anything specific.

Not that he actively tried to bring those details to the forefront of his mind, well aware that they were not things that he wanted to remember with startling clarity... or at all, for that matter. Winding up an inconsolable, sobbing mess twice over it was enough, so he was doing his very best to just move on, lest those details come back, haunt him, and push him over that fine edge into insanity.

Possibly a lot worse.

"Oddly okay with that," he assured with a quiet laugh, leaning on one hand, chin resting on the back of it. Relaxed as could be, even with the cat in his lap trying to massage his thigh, claws digging in slightly with each press of its paws. "I know you are, and I definitely appreciate that fact. I'm just... well, I'm usually busy working, and pouring emotion of any kind into music is healthier than dwelling on it."

At least, that was the idea behind what he was doing, even if it was partially an excuse to not have to talk about it; the last thing he needed was to have those memories sneak up on and clobber him over the head when he was least expecting it. It could lead to another meltdown, and that was the last thing anyone needed, least of all himself.

Her scooting her chair a little closer indicated that she wanted to know more about the somewhat vague statement he'd made about what he was currently capable of, though was regretting how he'd phrased the whole "holy hit-man" thing. Not exactly what he was, but too late to go back on it now.

"Not exactly armoured, but my recovery rate has certainly gone up," he admitted, almost ruffling up the cat in his lap before remembering that it wasn't Una, and it probably wouldn't appreciate the act. "No, not really; it's just the first description that sprang to mind for what I'm doing lately... and the nature of what I use to accomplish the task." He wasn't sure if Andy had told her about the blades hidden at his side, but he supposed he'd find out, though managed a quiet laugh at her offer to break out her old cheering pom-poms for his sake. "I appreciate the gesture, but I'm not sure if the act of killing anyone, evil or not, is something that deserves to be cheered for."

He could hope she agreed on that score, at least.

PM
^
Hendrika Pavoni
 Posted: Sep 15 2017, 12:18 PM

Nefarious

Gian Avur

Vixen

Posts 230

Points 200

Occupation Lawyer

All Content OK + Female

walk through hell
with you
Hendrika had seen some of the bad, not a difficult achievement in and of itself, not in the slightest with the readily available access to media that existed but she also knew about the good as a result of her own family and even some of the experiences helped with that as well.

Still, Hendrika had always liked to believe that she knew a good man when she saw one; a fact that applied to both Cash and Andy. Although she'd not pictured Cash as being the more violently aggressive of the pair but she could still respect that it didn't mean he was necessarily meek or mild either.

It was strange to hear the words coming out of his mouth "I do get that killing should be...bad but some times you have to take those kind of actions - even if I am the very last person who is even remotely capable of doing anything..." sure she became a larger animal technically than Andy and wolf had a fairly vicious streak but Hendrika only had instincts, she had no real killing drive of her own. Not that she was looking for anything like becoming some kind of wonder woman.

"I'm sure you're not becoming a some kind of killer, Cash. Though I actually wish we lived in the kind of world where you didn't have to take any steps that involved the death of anyone - right?" still, she'd been shot at and almost died a couple of times in her life and Hendrika certainly knew that she hadn't done anything to deserve that kind of thing. At least she couldn't believe that was the case, Hendrika had always attempted to do the best, not always the right thing, just the best.

Hendrika reached over and took his hand, squeezing it with her own.

PM EMAIL
^
Cash Ryker
 Posted: Sep 22 2017, 06:48 PM

Nefarious

Vander

Dragon Knight

Posts 240

Points 4

All Content OK + Male

@Gian Avur

Most people thought that Cash was rather meek, though that was more because of the personality shift he'd had after Andy had disappeared for a while. Since the elder twin's return, the musician had been able to begin an oddly long road to recovery, the most significant change occurring when he'd been given the blades that were magically (and invisibly) hidden at his side, which he was quickly starting to believe that Andy hadn't told her about. Her curiosity wasn't focused enough for him to believe she knew about them, and if she'd known, she'd have likely commented about it by now.

"I never said that it wasn't sometimes necessary," he admitted, voice having quieted down somewhat while he spoke... though what the cause might have been was anyone's guess. "It's just... not something I want to treat casually; if it happens, I want it to be because there's either no other choice, or to protect those I care about. I'm not going to sit on the sidelines and let you, Andy, or anyone else get hurt if I'm around... and definitely not on my behalf."

Not that he could entirely help that last idea, as he was pretty sure some of the folks he knew would throw themselves in harm's way to protect him, no matter how durable he'd become lately. Old habits tended to die hard, after all.

"I'd love living in that world," he admitted, voice still quiet, and his eyes were locked upon the table in front of him. The cat currently sitting on him must have detected his rising stress levels, as it started to purr and knead his thigh, leading to him petting the lithe creature, taking some comfort in the familiar gesture, even if it wasn't actually the creature he wanted to be petting just then. "Sadly... we don't... so we have to make the best of what we have, and I just want to make damned sure that I really... don't turn into a casual killer."

That was just the types of things he worried about, though in doing so, he made absolutely certain that they didn't come to pass.

Most of the time, at any rate.

PM
^
Hendrika Pavoni
 Posted: Sep 23 2017, 02:00 AM

Nefarious

Gian Avur

Vixen

Posts 230

Points 200

Occupation Lawyer

All Content OK + Female

walk through hell
with you
She really hoped that Cash was being careful and not following along blindly into the kind of serious trouble that existed in the world. As much as she wanted to believe only in the good it was hard to dismiss the fact that bad happened; Hendrika didn't blame Cash for wanting to help but he also couldn't forget that she didn't want him to be hurt.

The urge to wrap him up in cotton wool was a little bit tempting but it would be wrong. As much as Hendrika wouldn't like that happening to her she also believed that Cash wouldn't want it either "No we don't but as soon as I find a way in, we are all moving -- oh, did I tell you my sister is engaged? She's getting married next year, so neither you or Andy are allowed to be hurt...I want you both there" Hendrika knew it was turning the conversation around a little bit but she felt that it was the right time to do that.

"And as long as you have Una, Shyla and me...well, you've got three ladies to remind you about keeping yourself safe. As much as I want to say just go for it I don't want to encourage you to rush blindly in either..." that would be a serious bad idea and not the sort of thing that she felt would be the right option to take ...at all "And you won't...not now or ever. You're still Cash and that man is a good man and wouldn't ever be a killer" and Hendrika really did believe that was the truth whatever else he might personally think was the case. It was certainly not true and actually she was more confident about it because Cash had mentioned it in the first place. It suggested that he still had his own moral compass.

Hendrika just hoped he wasn't listening to or dealing with the wrong kind of people but intruding to much in his life wasn't an option. Cash wouldn't appreciate her becoming that involved and he still had Shyla after all.

PM EMAIL
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY QUICK REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL