welcome guest! please log in or register!
welcome back Guest [ Switch account: ]
  • FEB 05 February contests have been posted! Get in on the fun here!
  • FEB 04 The Annual Sinsomnia Smut Contest has started! Information on the contest can be found here. With the lust prompt in effect in Manhattan you have plenty of canon and non-canon options.
  • FEB 04 Get your votes in for January OTMs here!
  • JAN 21 Voting for the GIF inspired contest is up! Read the entries and vote here.
  • JAN 08 Our new, fully customized skin is done! We're so excited for our new look!
  • JAN 08 Vote for the yearly superlatives here!
  • JAN 08 please remember to fill out the census recount here.

featured

Add Reply
New Poll

Nightmares Write in Blood and Tears, Warning; first post includes torture
played by KikkiMember27 posts
22 years
56 points
My heart is tired
But my soul still feels the pain
“The terror takes you. The cage is locked and the curtain drawn. Fingers dance along as blades, carving memories into your flesh that will leave scars long past being healed.”

It felt to real to be a dream.

That was the first thought that filled his mind when he opened his eyes to the all consuming darkness of the basement. When he found himself in that place he had so desperately hoped to be free from forever, but he wasn't. Not truly. His dreams haunted him, but was this really a dream? Or had he dreamed of his escape and meeting people who were far too nice to him because that was all he craved? He wasn't sure, and he couldn't think straight as he heard the door to the basement creak open.

He whimpered, quickly slapping a hand over his mouth to muffle the sound so they wouldn't hear. If they heard, he'd be given extra punishment and he didn't think he had the strength to take it. His body was skin and bones, what little muscle was there barely gave him the ability to lift his head, much less move. Not like he could do anything with the chains weighing him down and holding him in place. They were only released once in a great while, he had no idea the length of time when nothing seemed to change, and the routine stayed the same. He'd grown so weak that he wondered if his time had finally come. If he would finally die soon and be free of the torture. But it didn't happen soon enough as soon, flashing eyes showed in the darkness and he knew what was to come. She loved to hurt him the most, and the night was soon filled with his agonized noises that would cut off abruptly. She loved to draw out the pain, but hated the noise, and would stop carving into his flesh with her blade to hit him with the hilt of it and daze him into silence. He was her canvas, and she wanted to make him pretty, even if no one would ever see him. Flowers carved into his skin blossomed into red and she carved into him, cutting his flesh over and over with her designs until he couldn't take it anymore and begged her to stop, thrashing desperately in his chains to get her to stop because he just couldn't take the pain.

But it had the opposite effect. Her features, what little he could see of them, twisted into a scowl and her foot cocked back to slam into his ribs. "You filthy piece of garbage! How dare you speak to me like that!" she kicked him again and he squealed in pain, doing his best to curl away from her to no avail. She was going to kick him again when something stopped her, and it was only when he lifted his eyes upward again that he saw another had come down and had been watching, stopping her before she kicked him hard enough to send a rib bone into his heart and end him. Which....was what he'd been hoping for. That act of desperation had been an intentional suicide attempt, knowing that she had a temper, that if he made a fuss she would lose her cool, he wasn't expecting the more rational of the group to arrive. "I see....you need a proper punishment for this, rat." came the cool voice, causing shivers to tremble down his frame. He knew what she meant. And it terrified him. A button was hit and the chains reeled up, pulling his frame upright in the middle of the basement. "I knew there was a reason we left the chains on today, you saw something like this coming, didn't you?" purred the angry one, stalking around to behind him and he heard something unravel and hit the floor, making him tremble harder. "I knew he'd try to end things at some point, we must show him that dying is not an option, and trying to force our hands will make things....all the worse for him. Get the bucket, I don't want to waste any blood that is spilled." The cool one ordered, and a pristine bucket that smelled faintly of his blood was placed behind and slightly beneath his dangling form. "Remember this pain well, the next time you think you can die." The cool one whispered into his ear before stepping back and letting the angry one deal the punishment. The first hit of the whip barely licked him, but his back arched in pain all the same, feeling it split open wounds that had just healed. It burned and he realized when she struck him again, making tears come to his eyes, that she was using the whip with the razors in it. Each strike tore him open more, and soon the soft plink, plink, plink of his blood into the bucket added to the crack of the whip and his crying and begging and screaming in pain as she flayed him open. She relished in his screams and noises of pain now, but the cool one merely watched to make sure he wasn't killed in her excitement.

He awoke with a scream of sheer terror, body absolutely drenched in sweat as he flailed and tried to defend himself from his demons, falling out of his hammock and still screaming as he tried to crawl away from the dregs of the nightmare that clung to him like cobweb on his skin. Before he really knew what was happening, he was no longer in his new room at the Pride house, but suddenly there with Dae in her bedroom, still screaming his fear, pupils so huge they swallowed the color of his eyes, body trembling all over, gasping desperately for breath inbetween his screams as his lion woke within him with a roar and he hugged himself, curling up into a little ball as he fought the change and screamed for his Mom, not realizing entirely that he had teleported himself there.

@Yvonne here | notes | Etc.
made by Gian Avur

played by YvonneYokai48 posts
1,213 years
Waitress
11 points
The house had been so quiet without Eros around, and since she didn't indulge much in the ideal of friendships that meant she had spent an extremely large amount of time on her own as of late. It wasn't particularly ideal, but it wasn't altogether something she wasn't familiar with. She held the mortals around her at arms length, instead preferring the company of the few immortals she knew of in the city. They, of course, had their own lives, and many of them much preferred the company of their mortal friends and lovers. Whereas Daevika found it difficult to trust them fully, given her past experiences with mortals in general, leaving her a lonely woman. Something she refused to acknowledge but was true nonetheless.

The loneliness showed in the way she had milled about her apartment, turning on the television in one room, the radio in another, cleaning items and dusting surfaces that had long since been cleaned and dusted. In the end it had meant she was ready for bed much earlier than she would have otherwise climbed between the silken sheets that covered it, and, after a full shower she climbed onto the mattress dressed in the soft satin pajamas she'd only recently purchased for herself, their pale lavender color a bright splash of color on the otherwise monochromatic bedspread and sheets she was laid out upon.

She'd been out for a number of hours when it happened. Peacefully sprawled and tangled in the length of a sheet on the thick quilted comforter that laid atop her, her curly hair mussed and tangled from her light tossing about as she slept. It seemed to all happen at once. On moment the only sound to fill the room was the soft and gentle sound of her own quiet and steady breathing, and the next the room erupted into shrieks and screams. Daevika was up within a second of time, her body going from limp and sprawled to crouched on the bed on her hands and feet, her teeth bared, a rattling hissing erupting from somewhere in the back of her throat. The sound was drowned out by the continued screams and whimpers of her son, whom called for her.

The second he did call out, her whole personality shifted. No longer guarded and ready to fight, she was dashing across the length of the king size bed, throwing sheets and comforters across the room in her shove over the surface, dropping to the floor. Regardless of the sudden shifting of his body she was there, her figure thrown over his, shifting and adjusting as his frame enlarged and shifted itself. "Eros. Eros I'm here, it's okay, my love. It's okay." She had little care if he destroyed the apartment, and very little to fear from a single lion, though he would doubtlessly do physical damage before she could fully calm him, and seemed absolutely fearless as her arms wound around his body and held tightly, her mouth pressed close to his temple as she mumbled her words. "Mommy's here, baby. It's going to be okay. Breath with me. Calm."

And another one bites the dust
I have thick skin and an elastic heart....
Made by Samantha
played by KikkiMember27 posts
22 years
56 points
My heart is tired
But my soul still feels the pain
That nightmare had been too real, the pain still lancing along his body, though he didn't realize part of it was his body trying to shift while he curled into a smaller ball on the floor, his scream fading after he called for his mom, a shudder wracking his frame as the lion within fought tooth and nail to come out. He didn't have any sense of control yet and was quickly losing the fight against his lion to shift. After sixteen years of being subdued, his lion was very quick to rise to the surface at his fear and push against his control, even as he felt a familiar presence, heard the hiss that he knew so well before his mom realized he was there and quickly threw herself on top of him. Another shudder wracked his body as his skin started to split, revealing tawny fur beneath it, and a shaky breath escaped him as he looked up to Dae as she comforted him, tears flooding his eyes. He wanted nothing more than to cling to her and sob his heart out and blubber out his fears, but he was more worried about his hands turning to claws as what little control he had, which honestly, wasn't much, started to slip and more of the lion emerged. His bones popped and creaked as they started to make the change to his larger form, and his sobbing became whimpering, not wanting to become his lion, not wanting to lose control and potentially hurt his Mom, who he loved ever since he first learned what love was.

"M-mom I-I...." he whimpered, trying to tell her so many things at once, but finding himself unable to form the words as another shudder wracked his body and his body shifter further towards lion and farther from human. He could feel his mouth changing shape and he groaned, curling up more and whining as his body changed more, tawny fur rippling along his frame as it grew, his face elongating into a muzzle. His skin shed around him in goop and...just like on the full moon, when the shift was complete, he immediately threw up on the ground and whimpered, looking around the room nervously as Eros' fear still rolled through him, making his lion on edge as it shook out his thick mane.

@Yvonne | notes | Etc.
made by Gian Avur
played by YvonneYokai48 posts
1,213 years
Waitress
11 points
The only time Daevika moved was to adjust to the massive body size of the lion beneath her. She didn't release him, she didn't move from her comforting hold and gentle rock on his body. There was no fear in her eyes, not worry about him harming her, because she would take it without batting a lash and would still not release him. He mumbled something, but she only shushed him gently. "It's alright, darling, it's okay. Don't fight the shift, go with it. I'm here now." Bones popped and cracked, goo smothered across his hide and fur, and still she wrapped her arms around him, still she held him close even as his frame dwarfed her own human one, even as the sobbing turned to whimpering animal sounds. She still held, still rocked.

When Eros turned and vomitted on the floor she only slid back just enough to give him breathing space, her hands lifted and out to him, her calm eyes on his face. The animal would take over, she knew it would, but still she held out hope she could appeal to the terrified son that was in those eyes. Still she remained close, now crouched on her feet to give herself better mobility so that she could thwart any attempt to flee, or dodge any attempt to strike at her. Both were possible, not that she thought Eros held any actual ill will towards her, but she knew he lacked in the actual control of his lion, which meant this was much like taming an actual animal.

"Eros. Breath, my love. Focus. You're alright, you're safe with me. I will not let anything hurt you. Never again." she shook her head, lowering it slowly as she pressed her palms to the floor and shifted her weight to the side, her head tilting as she spoke, drawing her tone out soft and calm, soothing and gentle, her gaze remained locked firmly on his. "It's going to be okay, Eros. Everything is alright now."

And another one bites the dust
I have thick skin and an elastic heart....
Made by Samantha
[/QUOTE]
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Queens | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned by rachel